Favorite Muppet Baby parodies and Satires

Drtooth

Reaction score
All biased against/for Muppet Babies aside (we get enough of that every where else) what movies and television programs did you like satierized or parodied in Muppet Babies?

Since I can't really remember many, I liked the episode with Star Wars. I also loved the one where they had a Nintendo parody (Pretendo or something?) and Kermit was Mario, anmd Scooter and Skeeter were Link and Zelda (even going to so far as making fun of the length of the game).

But in my heart, a special place will go out to Muppet Babies: The Next Generation. This is one of the biggest parody driven episodes in the show's 9 seasons. It stars of with a different Star Wars Parody (using Baby Animal as Yoda, oddly enough since Animal and Yoda are both performed by Frank OZ) and it follows Gon Zolo and Fozzwocka. Then it shifts to a realy inciteful satire of the Jetsons, featuring a car that won't stop singing, and my favorite part, they even go so far as to make fun of the "car folding into Breifcase" openming, with Kermit, of course, closed inside off it.

The climax was the most bizzar, non-sequitor... even for Muppet BAbies, in which they have the characters on the Next generation of the starship Boobyprise, where parodies from previous episodes actually converge. At one point, four Kermits are going (Luke Skywalker, Captain Kirk, Indiana Jones and ZGeorge Jetson) all at once. TO which Bean Bunny replies :Things like this can effect bunnies perminantly!

beaker

Reaction score
Oh yeah, MB had the coolest sendoffs. Mine would be Bug Busters and Raiders of the Lost Nursery.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I love the opera one....Simply for the Scooter & Skeeter send up of the Power Twins....("How come I always have to be the rope?") And Gonzo as Batman. Oh, and the Peter and the Wolf one is CLASSIC!!! And I, too, LOVE the sci-fi episode w/all those Kermits!!!

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
*grins* I loved that Babies episode with the Next Generation parody. That reminds me. There was an episode of TNG I saw once where Data's trying to learn how to be funny, so after a few lessons on humour, he sets up a stand up comedy performance. Unfortunately, his jokes aren't the best, so his routine goes downhill, much to his disappointment. Needless to say, after seeing poor Data's comedic mishap, I was reminded of this one Muppet Babies episode where Baby Fozzie more or less goes through the same thing.

In regards to my favourite parody, that's easy! I love the music video they did. I'm a huge Culture Club fan, so seeing Baby Gonzo dressed up like Boy George was classic!:smile:

Baby Rowlf

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't there an episode where they were singing opera, and they were the Ninja Turtles?

And does anyone remember the great comic strip episode with Spiderman in it? Man, that was great!

Fireimps87

Reaction score
Yeah there was a ninja turtles one. Gonzo was Batman in that one! XD I like the one where they play video games. Gonzo is Mario and Kermit plays Frogger(and even gets squashed!) Then Fozzie tries Tetris then a bunch of Skateboarders chase him. The Star Wars ones were classics.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The only parody episode I remember seeing was Raiders of the Lost Nursery.

I'd LOVE to see the Star Wars and Star Trek parodies! That'd be neat!

Surprisingly, Muppet Babies was one of those series that it didn't matter how old you were, you could still watch it. Yeah, primarily for kids, but what kid's gonna know what Raiders of the Lost Arc is???

gonzolo

Reaction score
that star wars one is actually where my name comes from. it's one of the few episodes i remember seeing. animal was darth vader right? i also remember the bugbusters parody of ghostbusters where they went into scooter's computer, and that one where they're superheros like the tmnt and spiderman. i think skeeter was spidey. but for some reason i also remember rowlf as spidey. and seeing as this is my first post i just wanna say hello all!

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Actually, they were BOTH Spidey..:smile: Basically both Baby Skeeter and Baby Rowlf wanted to be Spider Man, and they wound up getting into a webslinging fight over it.

Definately one of the cuter Babies' moments..:smile:

Baby Rowlf

Drtooth

Reaction score
First off, WELCOME GONZOLO!!!!!!!

Yeah, that was one of my fave moments, Gonzolo and Fozwocka

Originally posted by Baby Rowlf
Actually, they were BOTH Spidey..:smile: Basically both Baby Skeeter and Baby Rowlf wanted to be Spider Man, and they wound up getting into a webslinging fight over it.
And who should break it up but the REAL SPiderman!

ANd I loved the part later in that same episode where the characters were the Peanuts, and Skeeter was "Butterscotch Skeeter" Man, that was classic. It's not so much they parody or satire something, so much as set up a(n) homage!

The one I thought was the biggest Disappointment was "Skeetlejuice" I know they had to tone it down for kids, but they got it all wrong. I mean, the whole joke was they couldn't say her name right, and called her "Squigglemoose" or something like that....