Favorite Muppet Dogs

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i also love Pilgrim from Kermit's Swamp Years. She kinda reminds me of my dog, even though my dog's a yellow lab, i just think if she can talk, she'd talk like Pilgrim.

and Phil, who's that dog u have pictured there?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

To be honest. I haven't seen Baskerville much, except for as the patient in Vetranarian's Hospital in the Elton John episode, and he didn't say anything. Actually, I read the transcripts for those dog food commercials and I thought his obsession with asparagus was sort of annoying. No offense. I'm not trying to dis the character or anything. I'm just stating my opinion.

P

Philip Kippel

Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
To be honest. I haven't seen Baskerville much, except for as the patient in Vetranarian's Hospital in the Elton John episode, and he didn't say anything.
Well, Daffyfan 2003, if you're interested, here's a full list of Baskerville's "Muppet Show" appearances:

#3 Joel Grey: he's one of the musicians in Joel's first number "Wilkommen" and he plays Watson in "Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Disappearing Clues"
#6 Jim Nabors: he sings with Rowlf in the UK Spot "Another Case of Dog Eat Dog" and he's one of the chorus animals in Jim's closing number "Thank God I'm a Country Boy"
#10 Harvey Korman: he helps the others put Harvey in a chicken suit in the Talk Spot
#14 Sandy Duncan: he's one of the background singers in Sandy's closing number "Try to Remember the Kind of September"
#16 Avery Schreiber: he's a principal singer in the UK Spot "May You Always"
#32 Steve Martin: he auditions as a comedian
#34 George Burns: he's one of the chorus singers in George's closing number "It All Depends On You"/"You Made Me Love You"
#38 Elton John: he's the patient in "Veterinarians' Hospital"
#40 Cleo Laine: he performs in the opening number "Everybody Limbo" and sings with Rowlf and a female dog in the UK Spot "Mad Dogs and Englishmen"
#41 Julie Andrews: he's one of the 'men drinking beer with a foam afloat heard' in Julie's opening number "The Lonely Goatherd"
#44 Petula Clark: he sings in the UK Spot "Upidee"
#45 Bob Hope: he sings while curled up on a pillow at J.P. Grosse's feet in the UK Spot "Long, Long Ago Medley"
#56 Loretta Lynn: he appears throughout as a conductor
#73 John Denver: he's one of the '4 hound dogs' in John's closing number "Grandma's Feather Bed; he also appears in the goodnights
#76 Dyan Cannon: he's one of the dogs in the pet shop in Dyan's closing number "Hey Big Spender"; he also appears in the goodnights
#86 Liza Minnelli: he's one of the 4 dogs that sings in the UK Spot "Pass That Peace Pipe"
#94 Andy Williams: he appears with a few other dogs when Gonzo blows his trumpet at the end of the opening credits
#113 Hal Linden: he's one of the dancing dogs in the UK Spot "Obladi Oblada"
#119 Linda Ronstadt: he plays 'the human cannonball' in "The Cat Came Back"; he also appears in the goodnights
#120 Roger Moore: he sings in the chorus (and alerts Roger to the presence of the spies) in Roger's closing number "Talk to the Animals"

A big thank you to Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole for providing most of this information to me on this forum earlier this year.

beaker

Reaction score
I think almost all of our favorite Muppet dogs appear in that one lost pet scene in Muppets @ WDW special. Though Im wondering...which dogs are considered 'creature shop'(ie: realistic) and which ones are considered Muppets? It would seem
the dog in behind the secrets of the Muppets(1989, JHH) is creature shop...but then other so called 'Muppet dogs' also seem a bit creature shopish. Is any dog made by JHC a Muppet?

Anyhoo...there sure are some big ones...you got everyone
from Rowlf(who debuted 40 years ago!!!) To Barkeley, Baskerville, Foo Foo, Jack the Dog(BITBBH), etc. But besides Rowlf, my favorite one would be Sprocket! He seems to be one of the few characters like Uncle Matt who can somehow drift into virtually any canon/Muppet world(Fraggle Rock, MTI, MCC, M@WDW, JHH, etc)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks for the list, Phil. That's interesting information. By the way, another Muppet dog who hasn't been mentioned would be Tommie the Dog. After all, we have someone here with that avatar.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Rowlf and Sprocket. Though I also love the dogs from Dog City.