1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Muppet Movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MuppetFan12, Oct 20, 2012.

1. MuppetFan12

MuppetFan12 New Member

Out of all the Muppet Movies (TV Movies or The ones shown in Theaters) which is your favorite?
  2. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, which is the Muppets' take on "It's a Wonderful Life".
    The Muppets (2011)

Can members also post other movies including JHC spinoffs (Labyrinth, etc.)?
  3. Ignatz

Ignatz Member

Probably The Muppet Movie 1#, A Muppet Christmas Carol 2#. Although I've only seen The Great Muppet Caper once so I'm not quite sure.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I honestly thought I was the only one who likes this movie the most!

Although I guess its honestly tied with Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets Take Manhattan. (It used to be tied with MTI and Great Muppet Caper until I discovered that the real world after university is finished really DOES make you feel like Kermit from MTM and I really connected with it.)
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I love Muppet Christmas Carol
    Can't really decide if The Great Muppet Caper or The Muppet Movie is second.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's part of why MTM is my favorite too. It always feels like an oddly successful hybrid of kid and adult movie. Plus the soundtrack is gorgeous, really carries the emotions of the characters.
  7. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

The only Muppet movie I flat out didn't like was Kermit's Swamp Years.

As for my favourite... well, I don't think you could possibly beat The Muppet Movie - That film is truly a timeless classic. As for my second favourite, I think it's a tie between The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets (2011).
  8. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Tough question... I love all of them, but I think my favourite is MTM. I used to watch that one over and over as a kid, especially the scene with the babies. Watching it again as an adult, though, I get things from it that went right over my head before. I understand how frustrating it can be to look for a job after you graduate, and not find something right away.
    MissMusical12 and heralde like this.
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with The Muppet Movie; the soundtrack is perfect, there's a lot of funny moments, but most importantly, I love Kermit's speech on family when he confronts Doc Hopper in the ghost town. That's really one of the most touching scenes I've ever seen in any film.
  10. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan will always be my favorite three, although The Muppets is right up there too (it's not as fantastic as the first three, but it was still amazing)
  11. Great Muppet Caper. It being the Muppets at their purest is the only way I can think of to describe it.
    Second place goes to The Muppet Movie, because it's, well, The Muppet Movie.
    Third is Muppets Take Manhattan. It's of course the least good of the original trilogy, but it's interesting for being the most drastically ambitious. It's the first time Frank had complete control over a project like this, unlike Jim who at least knew how to direct TV specials and such (GMC was just the first time he got a decent budget). While MTM was by a newbie who made to what amounts to a plea to take itself seriously.
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

If I had to just rank them:
    1. The Muppet Movie
    2. The Muppet Christmas Carol
    3. The Muppets
    4. The Great Muppet Caper
    5. The Muppets Take Manhattan
    6. Muppet Treasure Island
    7. It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
    8. Muppets from Space
    9. The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
  13. robodog

robodog Active Member

First installment wins. TMM is my favorite hands down.
  14. SuperGzilla12

I think I should try ranking them too - and I'll include Kermit's Swamp Years and (even though I know it's not being asked here) the two Sesame Street movies, too:

1. The Muppet Movie (1979)
    2. The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
    3. The Muppets (2011)
    4. Sesame Street presents: Follow that Bird (1985)
    5. It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)
    6. The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)
    7. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
    8. The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland (1999)
    9. Muppets from Space (1999)
    10. Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
    11. The Muppets Wizard of Oz (2005)
    12. Kermit's Swamp Years (2002)
    Man... I'm impressed I could do that. :p
  15. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

My favorite is The Muppets Take Manhattan.

I'll need to sit and watch "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" someday.
  16. BobThePizzaBoy

I'll followup on that and add a tiny note to my list that, if I included the Sesame movies and Kermit's Swamp Years: Follow That Bird would be between Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan, Elmo in Grouchland would be between Muppet Treasure Island and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and Kermit's Swamp Years would be second-to-last, just being edged out Muppets' Wizard of Oz.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  17. SuperGzilla12

C'mon, man... Muppets Wizard of Oz wasn't THAT bad. :D
  18. BobThePizzaBoy

I will admit that the first time I saw Muppets' Wizard of Oz, which was at one of the advance screenings at the Tribeca Film Festival the year it came out, I really liked it. As did everyone else in the audience. During the scene where Gonzo pointed out his nipples, the audience was applauding and laughing for a good minute at that joke. Looking back, I think we were all on a "new Muppet movie" high to notice the film's low quality.

Besides, truth is I haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years in a long time to justify really say anything about it. But it at least it had enough Henson in-jokes in it to give it at least one watch, even if we had to witness seeing a Muppet's anus. :concern:
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  19. SuperGzilla12

Yeah, that's certainly understandable.

Trust me, I can only imagine what I'd be doing if I saw Barney's Great Adventure at the cinema today for the first time.

What do I think of it now? Well...

BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think that explains the Star Wars prequels as well, hehe.