Favorite muppet newsflash segment....

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I like a lot of the muppet newsflashes. One of my favorites was where he said that "She fried the ballerina for lunch!" and the one where the newsman says "This assembly line was formerly used for Pop-up toasters....", and Kermit looks like he's being thrown or something. That's funny!

dwmckim

Reaction score
If we're talking original TMS, my fave is the running gag about hunting season followed up later with opera season.

If we're including any Newsflashes anywhere, the ones at muppets.com have overall been some of the alltime best. Especially the one with the Newsman getting handed several pieces of breaking news (the one that ends with "Oh - my - GOUDA!") I also love The Newsman "translating" Bobby McFerrin on JHH.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
"The Atlantic Ocean has been kidnapped...the kidnappers are demanding two Christmases a year and a hug from mommy every night."

That will always be one of my all-time favorites.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MeepMeepBork
Muppet News International with Spike Milligan. By far. I fall to the floor laughing every time.

That one and
Newsman's voice: Here is a Muppet News Flash!
Newsman comes running in
Newsman:There is no news tonight. leaves

OMG! THAT'S HILARIOUS! I loved that one. It would have been much funnier if he was wearing the glasses!

Vincent L

Reaction score
"Beef falls dramatically."
[cow falls to the table]

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I also love the one where the newsman talks about ridiculous stories being sneaked in, and then reads that a black & yellow striped Mackerel was elected king that morning.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some of my favorites:
*An "interesting experience" as told by Paul Williams
*Furnature Monsters
*"News reporters are blowing up"
*Mallard-itis
*Food made from wool
*"Beef falls dramatically"
*"A green and black-striped maceral has been elected king..."

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
The furniture monsters, and the report on a woman who flew to Dallas (Phyllis Diller) -- just for Newsie's reactions. He displayed so much more personality in season 1...and I adore him without the specs!

--------------