Favorite Muppeteer songs

Xerus

Reaction score
Not only are the Muppeteers great with the Muppets, but they're also talented singers too. Here are my favorite songs from the Muppeteers.

Jim Henson song: Kermit on SS singing, THIS FROG! It was a beautiful feel good song. :smile:

Frank Oz song: Grover on SS singing, MONSTER IN THE MIRROR.

Dave Goelz song: Gonzo on TMS singing, JAMBOREE.

Jerry Nelson song: Little Jerry on SS singing, MAD!

Richard Hunt song: Scooter on TMS singing, SIX STRING ORCHESTRA.

Steve Whitmire song: Pinocchio on TMS singing, PULL MY STRINGS.

Kevin Clash song: Hoots on SS singing, THINGS ARE ALWAYS CHANGING.

Caroll Spinney song: Big Bird on SS singing, AB-C-DEF-GHI-JKL-MNOP-QR-STUV-WXYZ.

Karen Prell song: Red Fraggle singing, THE RUMBLE BUG HUM.

Kathy Mullen song: Mokey Fraggle singing, MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, to Bagooney.

Martin P. Robinson song: Telly singing, SHAPES IN MY ROOM.

Bill Baretta song: Nippy the Tiger Beetle from The Animal Show singing, MEAN MACHINE.

Louise Gold song: Annie Sue in TMS singing, PUT A PIECE OF CARBON PAPER UNDER MY HEART.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Singing Muppeteers

Glad to see someone else appreciates their singing.Here are some of my vocal favs:

Jim Henson-
Kermit-Bein' Green,Convincing John-Listen to Convincing John,Kermit-Rainbow Connection,Kermit-Stepping Out With A Star,Cantus-Let Me Be Your Song,Ernie-Imagination(nice and soft),Kermit-Couldn't We Ride,Dr.Teeth-Can You Picture That,Rowlf-What a Wonderful World,Mahna Mahna-Mahna Mahna,Bip Boppity-Rhyming Songs,Big Mama-I'm Ugly,Swedish Chef-his theme song

Frank Oz-
Piggy-Bert-National Association of 'W' Lovers,Cookie Monster-C is For Cookie,Your Gonna Miss Miss Piggy,Grover-Monster in the Mirror,Piggy with Raquel Welch WOMAN,Hugga Wugga-Hugga Wugga(just because Frank could make his voice so deep)

Steve Whitmire-
Pinocchio-Puppetman(always been my fav. of his singing),Wembley-Pass It On,Wembley-Pukka,Pukka,Pukka Squeetily Boink

Richard Hunt-
Scooter-Six String Orchestra(so happy someone else appreciates this song too),Sweetums-We Got Each Other(along with Jerry as Robin),Scooter-There's a New Sound,Simon Smith and His Dancing Bear,Don Music-Mary Had a Bicycle

Jerry Nelson-
Little Jerry-Telephone Rock,Floyd Pepper-Mr.Bassman,Robin-Halfway Down the Stairs,Robin-Nine 'Imteen,Floyd Pepper-While My Guitar Gently Weeps,Count-The Batty Bat,Herry Monster-MMMM Monster Meal

Dave Goelz-
Gonzo-I'm Going to Go Back There Someday,Gonzo-Wishing Song

Carol Spinney-
ABCDEFGHI-JKLMNOPQR-STUVWXYZ,Oscar-I Love Trash

Kathryn Mullen-
Cotterpin-The Way I've Got To Go,Mokey-I'd Give My Soul

Karen Prell-There's A Lot I Want To Know

Kevin Clash-
Hoots-Put Down The Duckie

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well some of my favourites include:

Jim Henson:
Rainbow Connection, It's Not Easy Bein' Green, Stepping Out With A Star

Frank Oz:
Mad About The Frog

Richard Hunt:
The Telephone Of Seville

Jerry Nelson:
As My Guitar Gentley Weeps, Bless Us All, Halfway Down The Stairs, Happiness Hotel, Hands, Frog Struggle Song, .... (and just about any of his duets with Louise Gold, see later)

Dave Goelz:
Jamboree

Steve Whitmire:
One More Step Till Christmas

Louise Gold: [please note, this list only includes her singing as a Muppeteer - I've many many other favourites form the showmusic stuff she's done]
I Get A Kick Out Of U, I'm Gonna Catch Me Some Blues, I Am Chicken, Sweet Memories (from The Secret Life Of Toys - lyrics by Jerry Nelson), Charming's Fax machine song, Lime In The Coconut, .... (and just about any of those wonderful duets she's done with Jerry Nelson).

And when it comes to duets, well I have to mention a few:

Jim Henson & Frank Oz:
Movin' Right Along

Jerry Nelson & Louise Gold:
I Can Sing Anything When I Sing With You, Hennrietta's Wedding, Borneo, whatever the number was that Bratty Rat & Raisin did together in The Secret Life Of Toys, Something Always Comes Between Us, A Song For Two Will Make Us One... (I'm sure there are others, I just like pretty much any duet from this pair).

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Lucky ********...

How about Beaker and "Misty" ("Mee-Meep") (UK Bonus Feature-Diana Ross ep)? Or what about "Grandma's Feather Bed" (John Denver ep)? Or "Shoop Shoop" (Linda Ronstadt ep)? Or "Blue Bayou" (also Ronstadt ep; you see where my alliances lie!!), etc., etc., etc.

BJ

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Jim Henson:
Rainbow Connection, Bein' Green and Let Me Be Your Song. Also I Hope That Something Better Comes Along , a terrific duet between two of Jim's characters. And there's something about It Was a Very Good Year, his duet (as Waldorf) with Richard Hunt (as Statler) that strikes a chord in me.

Frank Oz:
Don't Dilly-Dally on the Way and Cuante Le Gusta.

Richard Hunt:
The aforementioned Waldorf/Statler duet It Was A Very Good Year. There's also How Wide, How Far, How Long from Fraggle Rock; someone in one of the tributes to Richard that they felt that song was to Richard as Rainbow Connection was to Jim. Is It True? also gets a nod from me, as does Rama Lama Ding-Dong.

Jerry Nelson:
Absolutely, positively, quintisenstially(?) Halfway Down the Stairs, followed closely by Floyd's rendition of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Dave Goelz
A tie between Gonzo's Wishing Song and I'm Going to Go Back There Someday. Followed up by Follow Me.

Steve Whitmire:
Heart in a Hanky and Duet for One, as well as We Are the Children of Tomorrow.

-Kim

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
It Was a Very Good Year & Rama Lama Ding-Dong; both very good examples Kim. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I think of all the Muppeteers, Richard Hunt sang the best songs. Here are more of my favorite Richard songs.

Scooter singing, THERE'S A NEW SOUND.
Scooter singing, MR. BASEMAN.
Scooter singing, SIMON SMITH AND HIS DANCING BEAR.
Sweetums singing, WE GOT EACH OTHER, with Robin.
Statler singing, IT WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR, with Waldorf.
Statler singing, THE BURLESQUE RECIPE, with Waldorf.
Janice singing, ROCKIN' ROBIN.
Furry monster singing, THE FUR SONG.
Another furry monster singing, COMB YOUR FUR.
Placido Flamingo singing, PELIGRO, TELEPHONE, and NAUGHTY MARIETTA.
Junior Gorg singing, BIG BOY NOW.
Junior Gorg singing, FEELING BETTER.
Mudwell singing, FEEL THE RIVER FLOWING.
The Fraggle Wizard singing, IS IT TRUE?
The Mean Genie singing, DO YOU WANT IT?!
The Fairy Old Fraggle singing, LET IT FLY, with Wembley.

And my favorite, Scooter singing, SIX STRING ORCHESTRA.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I highly agree with you,Richard did get the best songs. Steve & Jerry do have incredible vocals though.

Xerus

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I highly agree with you,Richard did get the best songs. Steve & Jerry do have incredible vocals though.
You're right. I remember in Secrets of the Muppets, it showed a behind the scenes making of The Solid Foam video and it showed Steve, Jerry, and Kevin Clash singing a wild song in a recording booth. And then mixing the puppetry into it.