Favorite Season One episodes

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
#2 Wembley and the Gorgs- great example of how well this show can work thematically

#9 The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles- IMO this is about when the show really started to take shape (taping-wise)

#10 Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk- amusing episode

#14 The Challenge- hilarious, wonderful Juhl script

#15 I Don't Care- again, wonderful script- funny, poignant, tied together well, not to mention risky (considering that when most kids' show characters apologize, the episode ends; here, Boober shuns the apology and even acts like they're not there); it's a shame Carol Bolt didn't write any more episodes

#17 Marooned- gets me right *here* (points at chest)

#18 The Minstrels- Jocelyn Stevenson developed Cantus so well from square one that even in this first episode she could have him do something out of character- lose his temper- and it already FEELS like an out there kind of stretch for his character, one that most characters must wait for

#21 Gobo's Discovery- there was a real risk in portraying this kind of anger on kid's show, esp. in the lead character, but it pays dividends here

What are yours?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Emosewa

Reaction score
Marooned was certainly a very touching episode. ^_^ Though I gotta go with 'I Don't Care' since seeing Boober all negative and even pushing Wembly just makes it a very strikingly important episode with me for some reason. ^_^ And I LOVE 'We Love You Wembley'... one of the few episodes with four songs in it. ^_^

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Marrooned, obviously! Great episode. Love the Minstrels too, and Mokeys funeral.

Chris

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
"Capture the Moon" (UK version) is my favorite episode :smile:

Wocka Wocka

Reaction score
Preachification of Convincing John
I Want to Be You
Finger of Light
We Love You, Wembley
Mokey's Funeral

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I also like the Capture the Moon episode that was a neat episode there. :excited:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
My favorites are

Wembley and the Gorgs- This is actually not just my favorite Season 1 show, but my favorite Fraggle Rock show of all times. For being only the second episode made it was wonderfully written. The first time I ever saw it, I had already seen a lot of other FR episodes already. So my view on it was probably different than people who saw it when it originally aired. Kids probably weren't exactly sure what to make of the Gorgs yet, and spent the entire episode wondering if they were good or bad?

The 30 Minute Work week: It's hilarous. I loved everything about this episode. I know how Wembley feels, there was once a phase in my life when I was unemployed and didn't know what kind of job I wanted. I love his line in here "How can I be a fireman? "I don't even know how to start a fire!" I also liked when Mokey whacked Junior across the nose with a radish and Junior looked shocked and appauled and said "That Fwaggle hit me!"

Last but not least The Garden Plot was good because it was exciting having both Junior and Sproket trying to break through Fraggle Rock. I also was on edge when Gobo got hurt when that piece of metal from the Gorg's castle landed on him. I felt sorry for him because Uncle Matt wasn't there. I loved the song Muck and Goo and Love how Junior was thinking of when his Pa sang it too him when he was a baby.

zns

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to say that my favorite episodes are:

The Thirty-Minute Work Week
The Preachification Of Convincing John
I Want To Be You
The Terrible Tunnel
The Lost Treasure Of The Fraggles
The Finger Of Light
We Love You Wembly
Capture The Moon
Marooned