Favorite Sesame Specials

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What are your favorite Sesame Street specials? Mine are:

• Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting One of the BEST Sesame Anniversry Specials Around!
  • Stars and Street Forever Good Celebrity Clips
  • Julie On Sesame Street Great mix of songs and cheesy comedy in a Sesame style format
Even if you haven't seen any of these stuff what are your favorite specials and videos? Tell us why!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Mine is ( I dont know if this counts?) Put Down the Duckie.:stick_out_tongue: My fave..

Barry Lee

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Mine is ( I dont know if this counts?) Put Down the Duckie.:stick_out_tongue: My fave..
It was actually called The Sesame Street Special it was used for the PBS funds and some on the video are cut out so you aren't seeing the original special one moment is Oscar talking to Kermit about Public Television same thing when Telly was talking to Count about Public Television in the 90's Big Bird's Birthday special.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
My Favorite Sesame Street specials are the A&E Biography Special (There's nothing better than that one) and the Sesame Street Unpaved Special from 1999 There was nothing more awsome than seeing the cast members and puppeteers all sitting down at a table in the arbor area together talking about the show's history.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
My Favorite Sesame Street specials are the A&E Biography Special (There's nothing better than that one) and the Sesame Street Unpaved Special from 1999 There was nothing more awsome than seeing the cast members and puppeteers all sitting down at a table in the arbor area together talking about the show's history.
That's a good one too.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Do you have this Unpaved special or anyone else have it? I must see it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My favorites are Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, Christmas Eve On Sesame Street, and The Street We Live On.

BEAR

Reaction score
I haven't seen some of the great older ones yet so I am sure my list will change or expand, but so far it is this (in no particular order):

Sesame Street Celebrates Around the World
Elmopalooza
Elmo Saves Christmas
Christmas Eve On Sesame Street
The Street We Live On

SesameMike

Reaction score
My favorite is the special they did for the show's 10th anniversary.

The special was hosted by an African-American fella who walked the street as normal activity went on in the background. I think he said something about him being the original Gordon, but he did not look like Matt Robinson. (he also showed an alphabet segment that he did "without the cue cards")

The part I remember best was with the alphabet. It began with the familiar Fat Blue at Charlie's restaurant asking for a bowl of alphab.. er HOT alphabet soup. When Grover delivers the soup and FB starts reciting the ABCs to verify the integrity of the soup itself, they went through the alphabet with a letter from a different alphabet segment in the show's history. Included was:

-- The split-screen routine with Bill Cosby
-- The Fonz from Happy Days! I think he was in the Cunningham's living room at the time, and I believe Richie was next to him there. Fonzie appeared in a number of other segments in those days.
-- A kid holding Snuffy's snuffle while both are near or next to Big Bird's nest. They were on the letter J if I remember correctly, and they both recited the letter.

After the letter Y, they're back to Charlie's restaurant at the point where FB says the Y is missing when he really means the Z. The film then cut to a live old-west scene (the Gunsmoke set?) where a cowboy character is galloping on a horse toward the camera. The man then jumps off the horse, walks a few paces, then just utters "Z" as a letter appears onscreen. (does anyone remember the rest of that? Was he doing a blacksmith routine for the other letters?)