Favorite Theatarical Muppet Movie

Fan Poll: What is your favorite Muppet Movie?

• The Muppet Movie (1979)

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • The Great Muppet Caper (1981)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Muppet Treasure Island (1996)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muppets From Space (1999)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets (2011)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree. It really is perfect.
I do love it. but The Muppets is more touching. Plus it has referances to every Muppets production (well the original 3 at least. ) when TMM doesn't even have a mention of The Muppet Show at the end

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Why is it more touching though? I'm just asking. :smile:
There are certain scenes that just got me. Like the Pictures in my Head scene and when they all come out and sing Rainbow Connection. I also loved having the Muppets get back together after all this time.
I'm not saying The Muppet Movie is bad. I know I posted something a while back saying how I didn't enjoy it that much. But watching it a second time, I really do like it. There are more scenes in TMM that I didn't like more than in The Muppets. For example, Mel Brooks cameo. (an evil sceientist?) I don't really know why that was neccesary, or Scott Walker's (as Snake Walker) cameo. I don't know I seemed to like The Muppets more. That's my opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For example, Mel Brooks cameo. (an evil sceientist?)
Well actually people don't often realize just how sinister his character is there. He's playing a German scientist who makes a couple of really offensive anti-Semitic comments. He's actually way more disturbing than any other Muppet bad guy in history! It certainly does give the movie a foreboding edge and stops it from being just a kids film.

I don't know I seemed to like The Muppets more. That's my opinion.
Oh yeah it's OK, you're entitled to your opinion. :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well actually people don't often realize just how sinister his character is there. He's playing a German scientist who makes a couple of really offensive anti-Semitic comments. He's actually way more disturbing than any other Muppet bad guy in history! It certainly does give the movie a foreboding edge and stops it from being just a kids film.

. :smile:
Yes! I was disturbed by that scene! It was very unneccesary. The only thing I'm worried about right now is that Jim Henson was an anti-Semite. The person who I look up to being an anti-Semite? Ugh, the thought of it is just horrible. I don't really understand why Disney re-released that scene on The Muppet Movie DVD.
It didn't even fit into the story, it could have done fine without it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only thing I'm worried about right now is that Jim Henson was an anti-Semite.
Um, no. You misunderstood me. Mel Brooks often made fun of Nazis because he was very much against them. (i.e. his movie The Producers). It was something he was known for. The Muppet Movie is not promoting anti-semitism. If anything, it was showing how horrible it is. I mean the character is about to fry Kermit's brain, he's clearly not a good guy.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Um, no. Mel Brooks' character was clearly a bad guy. Mel Brooks often made fun of Nazis because he was very much against them. (i.e. his movie The Producers).
Well... I hope you're right. I just hate the anti-Semitisim in especially in Muppet stuff. The reason why I was worried, I mean like I look up to Jim and I couldn't bear it to see him being an anti-Semite. I know Walt Disney was a big one, that's sorta why I'm not such a big Walt Disney fan.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well... I hope you're right.
I'm right, trust me. Have you seen The Producers? Mel Brooks often said his way of defeating his enemies like Hitler was to make fun of them. That's what he was doing in The Muppet Movie as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's good to hear, now I can sort of watch the movie without skipping that part. It's still a weird scene overall.
Yeah you don't need to skip it; it's very much anti-Nazi. :smile: The scene seems weird because Mel Brooks' humor is often very hardcore and blunt and there's not too many other moments like it in the movie. What I was trying to say before (and maybe I didn't do it right) was that the scene gives the movie a sort of social commentary edge that normal kids films wouldn't have.