Fellow Church People

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's so wonderful Dwayne. I am the originator of both this thread and that Salvation Army thread as you know. And I give glorious thanks to God that He has used me and my computer's keyboard to bless and enrich you like he's enriched me. :smile:

I haven't read Job for awhile but that's one of the books I greatly treasure. Thank you for your thoughts and testimony about its message. It's good that others should feel encouraged to say their own two cents worth about God's Word in here sometime. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And here's another one of the smaller biblical books.
The Book of Lamentations is a composition of 5 poetry pieces written by the prophet Jeremiah. Each of the 5 chapters is basically a single poem known as a lament. So called because Jeremiah is grieving over or lamenting the fate of his fellow countrymen being taken into exile. In Jeremiah's big book of prophecy it is told how he was commissioned by God to warn Israel that if they kept up their stubborn rebellion in abandoning Him to worship the idols of the heathen nations instead and follow all the detestable practices these nations used in conjunction with service to their gods, God would punish them by sending the King of Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar) to conquer them and take them captive to Babylon.
They wouldn't listen and even treated Jeremiah very wickedly making him suffer. But Jeremiah was still very saddened about the exile that eventually had to come about and so he wrote his Lamentations.

Jeremiah must have really loved his nation and had such a strong godly spirit of forgiveness to mourn over them after what he went through at their hands indeed. May we strive to be the same in the smaller insults and hurts we receive or even if they really are major hurts I pray we remember the example of the prophet Jeremiah.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's so wonderful Dwayne. I am the originator of both this thread and that Salvation Army thread as you know. And I give glorious thanks to God that He has used me and my computer's keyboard to bless and enrich you like he's enriched me. :smile:

I haven't read Job for awhile but that's one of the books I greatly treasure. Thank you for your thoughts and testimony about its message. It's good that others should feel encouraged to say their own two cents worth about God's Word in here sometime. :big_grin:
Thanks Bill I could not agree with you more i think more people should share what god is doing for them in there lives. Maybe the reason they are not posting is they are not seeing God do things in there life. If that is the case i hope and pray that will change soon. I know what that is like because i have been there.
I really have never really read the book of lammations before, i will more then likly get into it sometime today. Now that i understand it a little more I can't wait to read it.

God really got me good this morning! I have four kids, and here lattly i have got real frusterated and disapointed beacuse I have tried new things to get them to obey and respect more. They have not worked, the kids do not respect me and there mom or themselfs for that matter. I was looking in my Bible for verses on children obeying there parents to help me when i have a talk with them today. Insteed of finding verses to help convicted my kids I was the one who got convicted. In Ephesians 6:4 the Bible says Fathers provoke not your Children to ANGER. Now at first i thought Nah i have never done that. Then i started thinking and i came to the concultion that yes I have done that. I am the reason my kids don't respct me and i now know what I as a parent need to do.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I pray that you will be guided by the Holy Spirit to rectify where the problems in your family relations lie Dwayne. May you, your wife and your children all be united in the love shared by us all with our Saviour Jesus. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I pray that you will be guided by the Holy Spirit to rectify where the problems in your family relations lie Dwayne. May you, your wife and your children all be united in the love shared by us all with our Saviour Jesus. :smile:
WOW thank you so much!

Today has been such a better day with the kids. It is almost fun agan rasing the kids. Thank again.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Praise be to God. :excited:
You are most welcome. I'm so thrilled for all of you. :excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I just want you all to know I'm still reading the Word of God and sometime I hope to talk about it some more.

And once again Dwayne, I give God thanks for the way He's looked after you and your family. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wondering, what some your thoughts on Easter, since it's the next big holiday coming up?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Just wondering, what some your thoughts on Easter, since it's the next big holiday coming up?
I consider Easter to be a very special time of the year heralde.
For us Christians it is one of the two times when we specifically remember our Lord and Saviour Jesus.

Just like we remember when Jesus was born at Christmas, so at Easter we are reminded of the awful death He endured for us and how He came back to life as a token proof of the guarantee of our own resurrection one day when the world is restored to the Paradise of the Garden of Eden with all wickedness purged from it forever.

So I say this. Yes, Easter is a holiday time for fun and enjoyment. And yes, chocolate is one of this holidays' traditional trademarks and there's nothing wrong with that at all. YUM YUM YUMMY:insatiable: :hungry:

But from my point of view I don't ever want to forget at all that if Jesus had never existed, there would be no Easter holiday period at all. So the ultimate meaning of Easter is what He did for me at Calvary. And I intend to enjoy the holiday with my family and taste a bit of choccy treats, but not lose sight of my dear sweet Lord and His love for me in all the fun.:big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree with you about Easter, But i feel that like Christmas it can sometimes get to commercial if you know what i mean. The true meaning of these two wonderful days are very specal to God's children. I love Easter the most beacuse it is a time when we think about God givining us his olny son to die and be rasied up from the dead. He gave us the most wonderfull of gifts, and that gift is the gift of Salvation. Oh what a wonderful and loving God!