1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Figures you wanted

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by LamangoNumber2, Jun 17, 2009.

1. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

I know this has been done to death. But if Paradise Paladise continued the muppet line, what figures, playsets, pack ins, and what not would you like?

Me? I want more Newly Unknown characters.
    Digit, for example. Dave Goelz only got Zoot, Bunsen, Beauregard, Gonzo, and thats it. Its very rare for him to do someone outside those lines now adays, so Digit is a must.
    Digit figure comes with TV monitors, each showing even more unknown muppets, like the fazoobs, fleet scribbler, and Thudge. Also comes with his remote controll, and Waldo C. Graphic, and Keyboards, which he can be 'plugged' into.
  2. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

3. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

what about a bill the bubble guy bubble blowing toy
  4. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

5. LamangoNumber2

... Teppum's aren't that insanely popular.
  6. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I just really wanted Sal to go with Johnny and Bobo because he's one of my favorites.

Oh well, while Johnny without Sal is pretty sad at least we didn't get Statler without Waldorf! That would've been horrible! ='(
  7. Roughneck

Roughneck New Member

I really wanted Mhana Mhana and the Snowths
  8. MuppetVision

MuppetVision Member

I really wanted Gorgan Heap. I know he probably never would of been made, but I loved that character in the Vincent Price Episode.
    And also Andy and Randy pig would of been great! I was surprised Sal wasn't made, since Johnny was.

And even though we already had a Rowlf, Miss Piggy, and Janice....I wish the Dr. Bob sketch would of been made into a playset, if my memory is correct I think they started making one before the line was discontinued.

Also a Dr. Teeth bus would of been sweet. lol

I wanted to see a lot more. I wish they didn't make so many Kermit's, Sam's, and Swedish Chefs, because I feel like we might of saw some more different characters.
  9. LamangoNumber2

The variants could have been dropped for more classic characters... Fleet Scribbler. Emily Bear? George the Janitor?

Also, Gorgon Heap was made by Zoot the Saxman. Pretty decent size, although, he's bigger than Rowlf, but the sculpt is abit off. But hey, no one is perfect.
  10. MuppetVision

MuppetVision Member

really? Is there a picture of him? I'd love to see him!
  11. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Did they ever do Kermit? I'd have loved him:D
  12. goodrastus

goodrastus New Member

I was very happy with what we got in the end but I guess to put the icing on the cake I would have liked:
    Mahna Mahna and the Snowths
    Vet Hospital Rowlf, Janice and Piggy
    Lewis Kazagger to go with the Newsman
    Sal
    Maybe Patrol Link
    and lots more fruit and vegies! I love them
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Those were all planned figures down the line. :sympathy: Too bad we didn't make it there.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The only 2 I really would have wanted that weren't made were Sal and Clueless Morgan. While Clueless had never been in the running, they kept holding back Sal for a better sculpt. Too bad they didn't squeeze him into series 9, but then we probably wouldn;'t have gotten Lips or Pops.
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wanted Boppity, Droop, Gorgon Heap, George the Janitor, Seymour, Bill the Bubble Guy, Doglion, Louis Kazagger, Mad Monty, Zippety Zap, Nigel (both of them, but the Muppets Tonight Nigel more), Fletcherbird, Zeke, Bubba, Fleet Scribbler, and although they were only on The Jim Henson Hour and thus weren't in the contract, I really wanted Digit and Leon (and after watching all the episodes on Youtube, I kinda wish that a Flash figure was made).
  16. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

I was waiting for many, but especially a dedicated Robin the Frog, Sal Minella, the Veterinarian's Hospital set, a Muppet Theater playset, and better sculpts of Miss Piggy, Statler, Waldorf, and Stuntman Gonzo.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Can you believe that Tux versions of Statler and Waldorf with Revised head sculpts were rejected by every retailer they were pitched? The new facial sculpts were never molded, but this was something very much on Palisades' mind and well before the end of the line. I wish we'd done that.
  18. LamangoNumber2

19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Amazing stuff! It would be cool if Disney ever decided to do a monster series and use these as the protos. I'd buy them.
  20. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I don't know, I think Palisades did a great job of Muppets they did include really, so it's really hard to list whom I really would of like. But I guess I'll if I were to go with a few (this list is in no real order by the way)...

1) Spamela Hamderson-I know their probably wasn't much to the character, but let's be honest, she was a beauty, :flirt:, so I think if done right she could of made just a amazing looking figure. Plus who won't want more Muppet pigs to add to their collection, along with more female power.

2) Sal-For reasons everyone here already mention

3) Manna Manna and the Snowths-Just cause, well cause their cool, :), well at least we got those mini figures of these characters, which were nice looking.

4) Here's a funny thought, but since some of the bigger monster Muppets were known for eating some of the smaller lesser known Muppets, what if there was a two pack of a big monster with a little Muppet, it could eat, :excited:. Maybe Behemoth along with Shakey Sanchez, in honor of the "Under my Skin" skit from the Vincent Price episode of the Muppet Show.

As for characters already made, I do think they could of done a better more "eye-catching" Miss. Piggy, the best one might of been the first mate Piggy with the Pigs in Space playset. It's just my opinion that Miss. Piggy is the one Muppet that didn't do true justice for, I think the other muppets had really nice likeness minus our beloved Piggy.

Plus to go all out, I still feel sad when I think of the cancelled Sesame Street figures. Esp since series one was going to have Oscar the Grouch, whom is my favorite SS character, the Count would of been awesome too.