First Muppet Movie?

Fozzie

Reaction score
What was the first Muppet movie you ever saw? Mine was "A Muppet Christmas Carrol">:smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you wanting the first movie people saw in the theater or the first movie they saw anywhere (theater, VCR, etc.)?

For me, the answer would be The Muppet Movie in the theater. It was a magical experience seeing the Muppets on the big screen or the first time. I have never been the same since.

:embarrassed:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think it was "The Muppets Take Manhattan." I remember seeing that at a movie theater in the mall when I was very young.

anniesue

Reaction score
I saw "The Muppet Movie" in the theater too. I was astonished-- couldn't talk all the way home.

I remember seeing "The Great Muppet Caper" in the theater too. My cousin Lisa whom I adored was staying with us, and we went to my favorite pizza place for dinner afterward. And I had the soundtrack on vinyl! I'd sit entranced by it for hours.

I wanted a motorcycle like Miss Piggy rode (costume and all, of course) in the worst way after that.

:cool: :big_grin: :crazy: :zany:

casanovOz

Reaction score
I was born in 82 so I didnt get to see the first two movies in the theatre, and I was too young to remeber MTM, but I saw all the post-Henson movies and Follow that Bird at the theatre,
However I remeber always watching the muppet movie at a very young age, I love my parents for introducing me to the Muppets

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
first theatre: Muppets From Space

first at home: The Muppet Movie

Sarah

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
God, that's tough to recall ... ummm ... MTM for television, and MCC, I think, for theater

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
For me, the answer would be The Muppet Movie in the theater. It was a magical experience seeing the Muppets on the big screen or the first time. I have never been the same since.

:embarrassed:
I would give anything to see The Muppet Movie in a theater!!

Joggy

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great to have a screening of the Muppet Movie just for us Muppetfans? For a gettogether or MuppetFest of some sort...

My first movie was The Muppets Take Manhattan on TV. We were staying at grandma's house, and since she had no VCR, we asked about all our relatives to record the movie for my collection. Needless to say, EVERYONE's VCRs seemed to have problems that day. NOBODY got the complete movie, everyone missed like 20 minutes of the beginning! I'm glad that wasn't the only time they showed it...

My first movie in the theatre was Muppet Christmas Carol (many elderly people in the audience who were clearly Muppet fans). Followed by Muppets From Space.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MCC

Then years later MTI

Then MM Then I was hooked out from the library came MTM then I saw MFC then TGMC and MFS the KSY :frown: