1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

First Puppet: Kermit the Frog

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by gojira54rules, Jun 30, 2011.

1. gojira54rules New Member

Hey there, I'm a good artist and computer person, but this is my first time I had ever tried to sew and stitch. So what's better to make than a replica of my all-time favorite muppet: Kermit.

I've been working on him for almost two weeks. Had to do a little playing around with the template I made for the head and a lot of messing around to get the collar looking okay.

While he looks great to me, I can see the obvious results of being a beginner at sewing. But he looks good for a first attempt.

Here are some pics of him:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  2. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Really cool! I must say, eons better than my first attempt years ago, lol. Well done! :)
  3. gojira54rules New Member

FINISHED!!!!!! Got the eyes glued on and the pupils attached. All that is left to do is to make the handles for the arm rods. I think he turned out wonderfully! (Can't hold my excitement!) Next thing to do is practice the voice (if I can do it.....).

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  4. gojira54rules New Member

Okay. Kermit is now 100% finished! :)
    Made the handles and primed and spray painted them black.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of the frog! Soon I'll load a sketch of my next puppet I have in mind. :)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  5. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

This Kermit is great! Extemely good job for your first attempt at any puppet PERIOD!! I really hope you've got some young'uns around (kids, nieces, nephews, etc.) to introduce the Muppets into a new generation!! Great lead-in for the movie later on this year.

Again, very well done!!
    :D
    Anthony
  6. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Wow, you did a really good job on that one. You sure this is the first time you've done a puppet?:coy: Quick question, what did you use for the arm rods?
  7. gojira54rules New Member

Thank you! The rods I used were 1/8in. Tig Welding Rods with 1/2in. Wooden Dowels for the handles. :D
  8. Liamblackere New Member

Its Amazing ! Could you please Pm me some details on how you made him?
  9. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Wow Amazing!! I wish I could make one of these.