1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

First Puppet: Kermit the Frog

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by gojira54rules, Jun 30, 2011.

1. gojira54rules

gojira54rules New Member

Hey there, I'm a good artist and computer person, but this is my first time I had ever tried to sew and stitch. So what's better to make than a replica of my all-time favorite muppet: Kermit.

I've been working on him for almost two weeks. Had to do a little playing around with the template I made for the head and a lot of messing around to get the collar looking okay.

While he looks great to me, I can see the obvious results of being a beginner at sewing. But he looks good for a first attempt.

Here are some pics of him:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Really cool! I must say, eons better than my first attempt years ago, lol. Well done! :)
  3. gojira54rules

gojira54rules New Member

FINISHED!!!!!! Got the eyes glued on and the pupils attached. All that is left to do is to make the handles for the arm rods. I think he turned out wonderfully! (Can't hold my excitement!) Next thing to do is practice the voice (if I can do it.....).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  4. gojira54rules

gojira54rules New Member

Okay. Kermit is now 100% finished! :)
    Made the handles and primed and spray painted them black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of the frog! Soon I'll load a sketch of my next puppet I have in mind. :)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  5. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

This Kermit is great! Extemely good job for your first attempt at any puppet PERIOD!! I really hope you've got some young'uns around (kids, nieces, nephews, etc.) to introduce the Muppets into a new generation!! Great lead-in for the movie later on this year.

Again, very well done!!
    :D
    Anthony
  6. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Wow, you did a really good job on that one. You sure this is the first time you've done a puppet?:coy: Quick question, what did you use for the arm rods?
  7. gojira54rules

gojira54rules New Member

Thank you! The rods I used were 1/8in. Tig Welding Rods with 1/2in. Wooden Dowels for the handles. :D
  8. Liamblackere

Liamblackere New Member

Its Amazing ! Could you please Pm me some details on how you made him?
  9. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Wow Amazing!! I wish I could make one of these.