First Season Performers

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well,Believe it or not,On Saturday and Sunday September 17th and 18th,Sonia is definitely coming to Sesame Place so she reads her own children's book that she made and She's going to read with the kids and She'll also meet and greet etc.

If you really like to know,Please Check it at www.sesameplace.com and you'll know.But when you get on the website,Yopu just need to click events where Bert's at and after that,You click September and you'll completely know.Enjoy everybody. :wink:

Xerus

Reaction score
In the 5 people in my Family, skit. I think Carroll did the little girl and Frank was the purple brother. Maybe Bob was the green brother.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
BEAR said:
That's awesome that you got to See Sonia Manzano and Emilio Delgado. Did you actually get to talk with them at all? What were they like from what you observed? Are they as wonderful in person as they are on the screen? I am sure they would have to be. Sorry, too many questions.
The secret of being on a set and being invited back is simple: stay out of the way. I always try to be real inconspicuous when I'm on a set. I pretty much blend into the background. All this is to say that I didn't speak to them. You have to be very careful with actors. They are "at work" when they're on a set. Some must concentrate, others are outgoing and like to talk.

I was on the set of the first live-action "The Flintstones" movie and I broke my own rule and made the mistake of talking to John Goodman while a wardrobe person was getting him ready for a shot. He looked at me like daggers were coming out of his eyes. Needless to say, I didn't say anything else that day unless I was spoken to first.

All that said, I wish I had a wonderful story to tell, but it was a very long time ago. From what I can remember, they were easy-going. I certainly wouldn't put them in the prima-donna category (I've worked with those types, too... ask me about Cheryl Tiegs sometime). The whole crew seemed to get along very well. I don't recall any outbursts or tempers any of the times I was there.

Anyway, don't worry about asking too many questions. I'm just sorry I don't always have the answers.

:stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
The secret of being on a set and being invited back is simple: stay out of the way. I always try to be real inconspicuous when I'm on a set. I pretty much blend into the background. All this is to say that I didn't speak to them. You have to be very careful with actors. They are "at work" when they're on a set. Some must concentrate, others are outgoing and like to talk.
Oh, i know the way things work sometimes. I am an actor myself. I was just wondering what you observed from how they work.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm afraid my attention was more on Frank Oz and Cookie Monster. It was interesting, because he had to sit on the floor and put the bottom of Cookie behind his head so he could see the monitor. This was on the street and not in one of the usual Muppet sets that are built up off the ground so the puppeteers can stand.

BEAR

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I'm afraid my attention was more on Frank Oz and Cookie Monster. It was interesting, because he had to sit on the floor and put the bottom of Cookie behind his head so he could see the monitor. This was on the street and not in one of the usual Muppet sets that are built up off the ground so the puppeteers can stand.

Thats cool. I always wondered if they were ever uncomfortable when they had to do the on the floor stuff.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Thats cool. I always wondered if they were ever uncomfortable when they had to do the on the floor stuff.
This reminds me of one more story... sort of an addendum... which I'll add to the thread "Behind the Scenes of The Muppet Movie".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Loretta Long: small boy AM ("I Am A Fine Musician"), green girl AM ("Mahna Mahna"), purple mother AM ("Consider Yourself"), tall orange mother AM ("Five People In My Family")
I didn't know until today that Mahna Mahna included spoken dialogue at the beginning of the sketch, and it seems to me like the two AM girl's voice switch halfway before the song begins (I guess the same performer operated both puppets and mistakenly lip-synched to the wrong puppets).