fleece

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Hey Ravage,
thankyou for all the info, that's great ! Hey phantom I thought about stopping it half way and letting if take on the dye for longer, I will give that a try aswell.I too have the problem with the fleece changing texture abit and becoming pilled.I guess it is the actual action of the washing machine that makes it do this.Also I was trying to find out what the Antron fleece is made of ? what dye do you use Phantom ?
Thanks
Dogtow :smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I actually kind of like a little bit of a pilled look. The original nylon fleece that the Muppets used to use would pill. Take a look at the first season DVD's of the Muppet Show. Kermit is pretty pilled.

I'm not really fond of the shinier look of the antron fleece. Especially the newer antron.

But, of course, all of this is personal taste.

:stick_out_tongue:

Phantom

Reaction score
I've used RIT and Jacquard Acid dye. Jacquard is awesome.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I have some questions about the fleece being used, is this genuine antron fleece or the fleece that is very similar? I got some samples and they only stretch one way and im assured by someone that antron fleece stretches 2 ways, atleast it used to. So, does your stuff stretch 2 ways? sorry its a bit off topic.

Phantom

Reaction score
Original antron only had stretch in one direction. It had some "give" in the other direction, but I wouldn't call it stretch.

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Yep that's what I have.Dylon got back to me and said that none of their products would work on Antron Fleece.I will check out RIT and Jacquard Acid Dye.So Phantom, would you recommend using Jacquard for Original Antron Fleece ?

Phantom

Reaction score
Absolutely. I've gotten nothing but great results from it. But remember that's one man's opinion and I haven't been building long. I was turned on to Jacquard by someone who use to be here. Try searching for Jacquard or Acid Dye in the puppetry forum.

Ravagefrackle, keermit, Buck, F&W may be able to tell you better. They are by far more experienced and more talented than I.

(Note: I'm not excluding anyone on purpose, these were the first names that came to mind. There are too many talented builders with alot of experience to name you all...aww, you know what I mean...I just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings because I didn't name them...but like I said, you know what I mean...

DOGTOW

Reaction score
ok that's great.Thankyou for your help.I will look into acid dye, fingers crossed.
Dogtow :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I use RIT dye, which works fine. You can even get good results from Tintex - which is a horrible dye. There is another dye that is supposed to be better than RIT which a lot of professional builders prefer but I can't recall the name.

As always, search under "dye" here in the forum and you'll find lots more info.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Aljo dye, it's called Aljo dye. The name came back to me seconds after my last post. Search the forum for the company's contact info and where to order it.