fleece

Phantom

Reaction score
There you have it DOGTOW. I knew these guys would give you a better answer.

DOGTOW

Reaction score
That's perfect.Thankyou to everyone for all your help ! it is very much appreciated !!
:smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Phantom said:
Original antron only had stretch in one direction. It had some "give" in the other direction, but I wouldn't call it stretch.
Thanks for your help. I know someone here who has a batch of very old antron fleece, I got to touch it once :smile:, but was told it had a stretch 2 ways, I guess they were wrong.

gastage

Reaction score
Antron Fleece

Hi Guys,

I hope I can clear up a few things for you. The new Antron is still Antron. The original fabric was made with a 200 denier ( unit of fineness for rayon,nylon)thread. Dupont discontinued that 200 denier thread but they continue to make a 50 denier Antron thread. So the mill decided to take 4 50 denier threads and ply them together to try and duplicate the original 200 denier thread. What we have from that process is the new Antron fleece. As Phantom said it stretches in one direction and the other direction it has a great deal of "give". WHen it comes to "pilling" it is best to keep the fabric from rubbing against itself which can happen in a washing machine and dryer. Dying in large containers and air drying have been the best foil for pilling. If you have any other questions or concerns about the fabric please email me and I'll do my best to answer them.
:smile: