Floyd's Eyes

Glacier

Reaction score
As much as I love Floyd, there's something about him that's always kinda bothered me: his eyes. They're empty and black, which suggests shades, but they blink. He was obviously wearing shades in "Sex & Violence", and in TMS closing credits, but can anyone come up with an explaination for his seemingly empty blinking sockets?

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Hi Glacier welcome to the board.
I'm not an expert but I think they are ment to be sunglasses because Floyd was so hip & happening they made the sunglasses permanently stuck to his face,someone who knows alot better will tell you.
Comical DrBob

Glacier

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I've always assumed they were shades, too, but I get thrown off when I see his "sunglasses" blink...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
It's just part of the Muppet universe. I mean, it's like Scooter's eyes---they're not in his head, they're in his glasses!

:eek:

Think about it, and and look at him from a side view... :wink:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
The anatomy of a muppet will always be a mystery to us normal humans.

:confused: :embarrassed:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hey, man. Don't be makin' fun of my eyes. I think they look pretty groovy. Besides, howelse can I see my gal Janice. :sing:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mahna Mahna has the same eyes, but when they put regular eyes on him, he looked like a grouch to me...and creepier WITH eyes!!

:embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
My friend (around 10 years old), when he first saw Floyd on The Muppet Movie, he described him as "the guy with the eye sockets, but without eyes." Thought that pretty much summed it up.