Foam cube?

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am plannimg on making a new puppet, after I get finished with a series of puppets a customer asked me to make for them,yah! ,I love having custom orders,cool.Anyways I want to make a puppet to exspeirament with differn't methods of puppet making,such as how many mechanisms can I make in one puppet,and I've found a new way of making a fleece for a puppet that I want to try''top secret'',ha ha!at least until I figure out if it works .
I am telling you this because I want to find out where i can get a 1 foot cube of foam for carving,where can I get it and how much would it cost ,I know alot of people have asked this ,but I never could find a reasonable price.
Thank you for you're help

charlie bird

Reaction score
Thank you so much ,seems like a great deal.I'll have to try that.

charlie bird

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of casting foam rubber to make a puppet,I've been researching that ,and I might also try using latex. As for the thing I said about fleece I think I'll do that first If anyones intristed in that typed of thing I can tell you how things work out, still have I 4 orders that I have to do before that,but I enjoy making them so I can wait.THANK YOU

charlie bird

Reaction score
Iwas wondering if any one knows where to get the cheepest plasticine for sculting puppets wich you make a mold over and then cast it.I found some ,but it was like $24 for 5 lbs.
Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
I've been working on a small verion of him sculpted in clay for like 3 weeks.Everyone says it looks awsome.It is kind of hard to exsplain I'll take a picture of him when I get my old computer back,it crashed now I'm using a realy old cumputer and have no way of putting up pictures sorry.But I'm realy exited aboute coming up with my own style of puppet makking thank you

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Charlie - or anybody else who is looking for foam blocks - the workshop where I work has 9x9x9 inch foam cubes and will be happy to sell them for $10 each (plus shipping).

There is also 24x24 inch sheets of L200 foam available for $15 (again, plus shipping). Send an email to unraku@gmail.com (not me) if you're interested.