1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

'Follow That Bird' Question

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by SSLFan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

So I'm watching FTB and I wondered something. You know how whenever Big Bird is doing on location filming outside of the normal set he wears a tie to cover a hole in the costume? Well, for the film, since he obviously isn't wearing a tie, were they able to used the monitor for the performer to see inside? And if not, how was Mr. Spinney able to see?
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This is just WMG but I assume that since Follow That Bird presumably had a much larger budget than the average on-location Sesame special, they probably had a better monitor for Spinney to use just for that one project.
  3. Plus, this was a closed set, so there was no extra things that they weren't expecting for Caroll to run into. For example in the streets of China and Japan, the sets weren't closed, so he needed to see where he was going directly.