'Follow That Bird' Question

SSLFan

Reaction score
So I'm watching FTB and I wondered something. You know how whenever Big Bird is doing on location filming outside of the normal set he wears a tie to cover a hole in the costume? Well, for the film, since he obviously isn't wearing a tie, were they able to used the monitor for the performer to see inside? And if not, how was Mr. Spinney able to see?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This is just WMG but I assume that since Follow That Bird presumably had a much larger budget than the average on-location Sesame special, they probably had a better monitor for Spinney to use just for that one project.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
So I'm watching FTB and I wondered something. You know how whenever Big Bird is doing on location filming outside of the normal set he wears a tie to cover a hole in the costume? Well, for the film, since he obviously isn't wearing a tie, were they able to used the monitor for the performer to see inside? And if not, how was Mr. Spinney able to see?
Plus, this was a closed set, so there was no extra things that they weren't expecting for Caroll to run into. For example in the streets of China and Japan, the sets weren't closed, so he needed to see where he was going directly.