Follow That Bird: sales spike?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It appears that there is a spike in sales of the Follow That Bird DVD according to Yahoo Movies website today. It lists the current top 5 theatrical films, television programs, albums, video rentals, video sales etc. Is this part a misprint?

VIDEO SALES

1. "Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird," Warner Home Video.
2. "Yoga Conditioning for Athletes," Gaiam Video.
3. "Frosty the Snowman," Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
4. "Disney's Sing Along Songs: 12 Days Of Christmas," Buena Vista Home Entertainment.`
5. "The Great Waltz," Warner Home Video.

(From Billboard magazine)

I was hoping to find some sort of new pressing on Amazon, but it appears to be the same 2002 full frame issue with the weird, cheap cardboard flip box with the plastic snap. I did see that the posters are available as is the music CD. Sesame isn't my favorite Muppet project, but I do enjoy it very much - especially this film! Any thoughts on what this recent sales activity is about? :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was hoping to find some sort of new pressing on Amazon, but it appears to be the same 2002 full frame issue with the weird, cheap cardboard flip box with the plastic snap. I did see that the posters are available as is the music CD. Sesame isn't my favorite Muppet project, but I do enjoy it very much - especially this film! Any thoughts on what this recent sales activity is about? :stick_out_tongue:
I'd guess a lot of other parents were sick of seeing Elmo related projects for kids, and bought that movie specifically as a result.

Though the other reasons could be due to the release of Sesame Old School 2, a price decrease that keeps the DVD disks really cheap, or a lot of people who grew up with that movie just remembered how great it was. Of course, they did it all at the same time, which would be either a wild guess, or a weird coincidence.

To tell the truth, I'm as amazed as you are. I'd kill for a special edition with actual special features and widescreen format.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm slightly amazed but not very. In the real world, children don't all enjoy only one thing or one character; there is variety. And perhaps parents were also inspired to buy more classic material after Old School.

Either way, congrats Follow That Bird! (And please take note Sesame Workshop! Hehe)

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I saw that Target was carrying the DVD for $5.50, a few days ago... i've never seen the DVD anywhere but FYE and Wal-Mart. With a low price, that could be boosting it. I feel that it was one of the best movies when it comes to sesame and muppet films.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've seen the DVD at certain Barnes and Noble stores, but it's pretty random. And I was very shocked to also find the soundtrack once!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw that Target was carrying the DVD for $5.50, a few days ago... i've never seen the DVD anywhere but FYE and Wal-Mart. With a low price, that could be boosting it. I feel that it was one of the best movies when it comes to sesame and muppet films.

Indeed that is my feeling. I would get this disk cheap (as there are no special features and it's in Ugh Full Frame), as this is one of my favorite movies, plus it's perfect for my Muppet movie collection. I have everything on at least VHS except this, Kermit's Swamp years and Oz.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've also seen it at a couple independent movie/music stores, so it is around. (And I'm not giving Wal Mart any business, heh).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying this movie. I've never seen it before, but I like Sesame Street (enough to have some songs on my iPod and I've never heard anything bad about it (other than the DVD settings) but at $5.50, the price is fine.

It's interesting that this movie has suddenly went up in sales. That's a good thing!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've also seen it at a couple independent movie/music stores, so it is around. (And I'm not giving Wal Mart any business, heh).
I agree with you on Wal Mart. They're like a snake eating its tail - andy good they do is neutralized by thoughtless business practices resulting in financially hurting the very people their company is meant to cater. I'm certain the DVDs are discounted other places. These are likely backstock.

anytimepally

Reaction score
It appears that there is a spike in sales of the Follow That Bird DVD according to Yahoo Movies website today. It lists the current top 5 theatrical films, television programs, albums, video rentals, video sales etc. Is this part a misprint?
I don't think it's the DVD.. I think it must be the VHS, because they have the best selling DVDs lower on the page:

DVD SALES

1. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," Warner Home Video.
2. "The Bourne Ultimatum," Universal Studios Home Video.
3. "High School Musical 2," Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
4. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
5. "Superbad," Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

still exciting, though :smile: