Following the tornadoes in Oklahoma and surrounding states

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a thread for discussing and following the latest news in Oklahoma and surrounding states.

Please take a moment and remember those whose lives are literally hanging in the balance right now. Say a prayer for strength, protection, provision and restoration.

Pray for the parents and families who sent their children off to school this morning and now they will never come home.

You can follow a live stream of the current events here.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."

- Fred Rogers

Here's some helpful guidelines to help children deal with tragic events in the news.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've seen the "helpers" too when Sandy hit here six months ago.
Being in a disaster area is not fun, putting it lightly.

My prayers for the victims, and everyone who has to pick up the pieces now.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It is always scary to see the damage and devastation that storms can cause. I hope the storms end soon so the people affected there can begin the process of rebuilding their homes and their lives.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
At least 60 square miles flattened. Death toll up to 55, including 24 children.

Thoughts and prayers.