1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Footage of Big Bird Storymagic toy

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Youtube member blueoctopede has posted a couple videos of Storymagic Big Bird in action...

Very cute... kinda wish I had one when I was younger.
  2. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

What is a StoryMagic Big Bird?
  3. KirbTreelo05 Active Member

Basically the Sesame Street version of Teddy Ruxpin. He would come with a book and a cassette that had a recording of the story on it. If the other characters in the story are connected to Big Bird, they'll interact during their parts.
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah. The woman that has that account has a collection of Teddy Ruxpin type toys (especially Teddy... her name even has "octopede," the imaginary species that Teddy's pal Grubby is). Strangely enough, no ALF... but she also has a Snoopy and a very broken Mickey.

I never had the Snoopy, but I did have one of the books, minus the tape.
  5. KirbTreelo05 Active Member

I subscribed to her channel some time ago. :D I love her Teddy vids; makes me wish I had one growing up...

For the longest, I had a bunch of donated books from one of my friends' moms. One of the books was a Teddy Ruxpin one. (I think it was the Airship story? The collection also had a Fraggle Rock book, where I first heard about the characters.) I had no idea that it was supposed to come with all this other stuff...I'm not even sure where that book is now. xD
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i have mickey (still works!) and i HAD big bird too as a kid!
  7. Drtooth Well-Known Member

If anyone has footage of the ALF, I wanna see it.

Who did Mickey's voice for that toy? Goofy sounds like Will Ryan (who was the voice of WoW's Grubby the Octopede).
  8. robodog Active Member

I used to have that ALF. Unfortunately I gave it away a few months ago. I do have a Talking Cooler from Pound Puppies The only problem is his neck is broken. He fell off a shelf and landed on his head. I doubt he still works after that. I'm keeping him anyway because I can't bear to throw him away.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

This is the only Alf footage I found, the commercial