For all you stop motion fans out there! (TNBC, CB, Coraline, JatGP, ect!)

Yorick

Reaction score
In addition to fantastic innovators like Art Clokey (Father of GUMBY! Other than his TV dad, Gumbo.) I am also glad that others have contined to do stop motion, since it's such an amazing form of expression! So here's to everyone who loves stop motion!:super:::raises a glass of chocolate milk:::smile:

Yorick

Reaction score
Yes, Wallace and Gromit also rock, as does Chicken Run, and of course something that totally amazed me was Nightmare Before Christmas! I must say someone I'd like to mention is Will Vinton, who did the California Raisons and the Claymation Christmas, Easter, and Comedy Of Horrors! GREAT stuff! Also enjoyed James and the Giant Peach, Corpse Bride, Coraline, The Plastinots (from Eureeka's Castle) and others that either I can't remember at this moment, or I can't recall the name of.

When I searched for Plastinots, I got two clips that aren't the ones I was thinking of, but still cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9JEC1tuSo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE-TPYP1gzU

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what I've always said about stop motion? It's a lot harder than it looks... and it looks exceedingly hard to begin with. I have done some stop motion, myself... but more like the Arnold (or Penny of PeeWee's Playhouse) shorts, without wire frames, shot directly above flat clay figures.

I tried the other way, and for every 5 frames of animation I had, I had to start over because I knocked something else over. Until of course I said, heck with it, and just cut that scene completely.

Kiki

Reaction score
Ohemgee. I forgot...

Wallace and Gromit!

and... THE WOMBLES! O_O

I grew up watching 'um, I love those guys! :excited:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
This is for anymore who likes anything involving stop motion animation, whether it be movies, tv, or whatnot.

The Stop Motion Fan Club Forum

My last one started off good, but just died all of a sudden.

But JJ will back me on this.

Ignore the ugly default skin, I'm making ones that are more interesting
Yeah totally.

Well I'm a member of this fourm so I do hope more people will join, right now there are only five members, :sympathy:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I'm going to bump this thread because I really want more people to join, :smile:. It's free and easy, :wink:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I love Stop Motion! It's a shame that it has been tossed aside in Hollywood in favor of CG. (Not that I don't like CG, I just like Stop Motion better.)

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I am happy there are other people that appreciate the art, work & medium of stop-animation. I was in 6th grade, when my class learned about how to film a stop-animation movie. I grew up watching one of the Masters of stop-animation Ray Harryhausen, that created: the Sinbad series, Jason and the Argonauts, Mighty Joe Young.

I love the effects in Clash of the Titans.

There has also been enjoyable stop-animation on Sesame Street too: Russian dolls, number rocks,etc...

Tim Burton's TNBC is one of my favorite stop-animation films.

James and the Giant Peach is nice too.