For Richard or Poorer

BEAR

Reaction score
Lovely. (that's all I can say) :wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
That was sweet, Ed. The cameos were well-written, too, including mine. I'm glad you didn't have me wearing a "Invincible: Coming Summer 2008 to Muppet Central" button at that wedding to swell my ego up more than it already has. Haha!:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score

wow. I...I'm almost speechless. Good gravy, I hope my own wedding is like that!

Lots and lots of people at our wedding, it's so nice and beautiful! This is awesome Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Sara... You're one of the people I was hoping would be pleased/like this the most. Hugs to you li'l cuz.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yaayyyy! What a nice wedding scene! I really enjoyed it and there's more to come it sounds like! So bring on the reception! :smile: Really liked Wanda singing up with Nora and Storyteller, very nice.

Java

Reaction score
Ha, ha, ha! I love it. Camilla signing away to Gonzo across the aisle!

What a wonderful ceremony, can't wait for the reception!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------
The cloud was peaceful when he arrived—everyone else there twittering and tittering away about what they could only imagine went on at the chapel beneath. "So Richard... Tell us already" his bearded boss inquired eagerly. "Aw Jim, it was the best thing I could've ever seen. Sara will be a lovely bride for Scoot." He then relayed all the details regarding the procession, how Robin handed the rings over to Bunsen, from ringbearer to best man's assistant; on to Beaker, the carrot-cropped scientist chosen to be the go-getter gofer's best man; and then on to Scooter who took both sapphire stoned satellites. Sara was flocked by Janice as her Maid of Honor and Annie Sue, her second maid, along with Maurice Monster in a tux of his own as he had provided the floral arrangements on behalf of Fran's Fragrant Flowers. "So you think they would mind if we dropped in?" asked Christine. "And drop a few golden blossoms too" mumbled a slyly-snickering Don. "Don't see why not" replied Richard.

Whenever it was that the Muppeteers' cloud became bereft of occupants, the reception party was already in full swing. The Muppet mayhem was certainly contagious... The Electric Mayhem got their licks in—both on the dance floor and in the bandstand, pumping the volume up higher and higher while creating just as much commotion with their dashing dancesteps. Melissa and Beth held a light conversation at one of the tables... Zany and the other penguins refilled everybody's waterglasses... Trays of appetizers emerged from the kitchen in the nimble arms of three fuzzy and blue waiters from Sesame Street—the heavier of the three loaded with the soup bowls—those brought in by the more expert waiter of the trio in perfect order for once—and of course, the ones wielded by the last bore the evident bite marks of his own gourmand sampling. Before the party got too out of control, Dr. Teeth called for the wedded couple to come out, as the bands merged into a song they had practiced day and night in full harmony.

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the musics high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You're a teaser, you turn em on
Leave them burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

The applause, deafening, showed how much the crowd loved the promenading prowess of the newlyweds. Yes, many a person smiled upon the happy union... Before the dance floor got packed due to the extra pairs of partners wanting to strut their stuff. Gonzo and Camilla and Bert and Prairie decided to wing it, Ernie and Red indulged in crazy twists, Herry and Rosita took a spin or two, Kim and Gillis prefered to do a modified mambo march, even Ed and Claudia had an itch of dancing fever. Sara simply sat down between the piano-playing dog and his date for the evening, the manicured mink, Catherine, and Erin.

Meanwhile, Scooter had been called over to an outside portico tucked next to the hall hosting this wedding party. He deposited his wife into her chair—as well as their friends' hands—someone seeking the young lad's help with something. After assuring Sara he wouldn't be long, he left the girls to gossip over everything—Rowlf departing for the upright piano without Foo-Foo in arm. "Hi Scooter" was all she said, much like last night. He had to remove his glasses. He wiped his glasses clean. He put his glasses back on. He blinked while realizing who was speaking. "Nora?" True, Sara was the belle of this ball, but seeing Nora in her creamy orange-yellow dress made Scooter stir, unsure of what her motivations might be. "Um, could you... Uh, help put my corsage back on please? It sort of... Fell off." The rosy budded flower exchanged from blue to orange skin hands, a miniscule wound showing where Nora clipped her bloom away from the dress subtly hidden. "Okaaay" cautiously replied Scooter, finding his voice returning to him. His fingers located the spot near the top hems of her dress the corsage should be placed—her own then secured both the rose and Scooter in her grip. "Favor me with a dance please?" she pleaded, those eyes of hers bearing down into the reflection of the backstage manager's own gaze. "Well... One dance wouldn't hurt I guess." Snatches of some slow romantic song escaped through the air, reaching their ears at the same time the wind creaked past Muppet-lined windows. This twosome moved back and forth, almost into the line of view of another twosome—Catherine and Erin quickly shifting chairs so as to shield Sara while still engaged in brisk conversation happy as it may be.

Music stopped... Dancers returned to their tables... Scooter and Nora still embraced. "Mmm, that was nice" mused the groom. Her blue braids unfurled as she twirled away, imparting a small charm upon his cheek. "What was all that about?" "Oh... Nothing mom, just a friendly hug." Sadie looked her son with a long once-over, shrugging after failing to determine what in fact had happened before she had gone out to retrieve him for the cake cutting. Slices of decadent chocolate chip comfort dispensed, the time grew nearer to raffle off the last momentos of the evening. Though there were confessed bachelors and bachelorettes amidst the sea of faces, all agreed that due to their bigger number, husbands and wives could raise their hands in hopes of fetching the sought-after souvenirs. Sara tossed her bouquet of peonies in a lofty arc, Grundgetta ending up with the flowers, casting loathsome looks at having nabbed this reminder of bliss. Sara then stuck her leg out—not to mention her tongue in imputence at those hooting and cat-calling in good natured tones. Scooter struggled with the silly thing, finally removing the emerald green garter belt. Flailing and flipping it forward, he let loose as it bounded in the breeze. One of the males gathered did manage to procure the present, though exactly who was never discerned as a pact to keep it quiet immediately arose. In spite of the secrecy and sillyness, the serene and sweet, this was probably one of the better weddings Scooter and Sara had presided... After all, it was their own.

The End.