For Richard or Poorer

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Epilogue: Honeymoon Holiday.
--------------

Three months later, the gofer and his wife found themselves in Fozzie's old Studebaker, bearing down the oft-trodden dirt pathways. "Sorry it took so long to get our honeymoon on the way Sara. You know Kermit depends on..." She gently shushed him, enjoying the flitting falling flakes upon the rolled-up windows. An orange hand reached out for the knobs—traveling music to speed them along. "Nuts, the station's out again." "Don't worry Scoot, it's all Muppet Christmas music anyway." Their charriot reached a familiar destination... Grizzly Farms Farmhouse would shelter the couple this time of year. Emily cashed in a couple of favors—winging her way and her board off to Malibu at last—only adventurous animals left to roam about the remaining forested surroundings.

Ornaments of the season hung everywhere, it was hard not to find some reminder of that festivity. Wreath hung on the door—icy patch only partially cleared away—Sara had the honor of christening their blessed bed & breakfast—slipping on that same sancted spot. The tree, purchased from a furry blue monster of course, propped up the backwall—glistening here and there with ribbons of silvery tinsel. Scooter helped his bride back to her feet lugging the luggage inside as the dutiful husband he had proven to be in so short a timespan.

Settled and snug into the comfy cozy house, both decided to busy themselves getting their online updates. Later that night, towards the dusky evening hour, Scooter found himself sitting down on the front porch. Cold wind blowing—not cold enough to deter him from his sentry post—his chin was in his cupped hand as his other rested upon the top of his clad knees. Without noticing it, he found that Sara was at his side brandishing freshly made white winter chocolate. "Honey?" "Mmm?" "What was that tune you were humming?" "Which tune?" "That one just now." "Oh, that's a song I remember from long ago... It's one I learned on one of our specials, mom says it's a very special one to her." "Could you sing it to me please?" "Sure, just let me get the harmony again."
A moment later, our grownup gofer had the melody in his mouth.

Scooter: The garment of life, be it tattered and torn.
The cloak of the soldier is withered and worn.
But what child is this that was poverty-born.
The peace of Christmas Day.

Upon hearing the memory, a forgotten snowman lended his vanillaed vocals in harmony.
Scooter and The Snowman: The branch that bears the bright holly.
The dove that rests in yonder tree.
The light that shines for all to see.

Sara simply wept as her husband continued, his solo shining through this Christmas night.
Scooter: The hope that has slumbered for 2000 years.
The promise that silenced 1000 fears.
A faith that can hobble an ocean of tears.

Animals rustled out of their hiding place, blending and backing the chorus.
All: The branch that bears the bright holly.

Hearing the ballad moved two more to descend from on high... Father and family uncle alike sang, though only seen by Scooter—and perhaps by Sara through her quiet tears.
JD: Add all the grief that people may bear.
Total the strife, the troubles and care.
Put them in columns and leave them right there.
RH: The peace of Christmas Day.

JD and Rh with Muppet Animals: The branch that bears the bright holly.

Scooter and The Snowman: The branch that bears the bright holly.
Scooter and Sara: The light that shines for all to see.

JD: "Come on King Henry... Let's leave these lovebirds alone."
RH: "Your face Rocky Top."
JD: "Just don't drag my mountain mamma into this."
RH: "So long as there's some cobbler left when we get back."
They burgled some of the brewed beverage before once again parting towards their floating fortress. Wrapped in a heartfelt hug, the wedded couple shared a small peck on their cheeks, wishing each a merry Christmas. They knew that this would indeed be the best time of their lives—Scooter and Sara Hunt-Vines together forever.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awww! That was beautiful! What a nice surprise to see a special epilogue of this story! Thanks Ed, that made my day! (I hope to get back to writing soon, I really do) *HUGS* to you!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
(chuckle)

JD: Come on, King Henry, let's leave these two lovebirds alone.
RH: Your face, Rocky Top.

And then John tells Richard to leave his mother out of it...great lines, Ed, great lines.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I love the Christmas-themed epilogue. :smile: Really got me into the spirit. Very marvelously written, buddy. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Awwww yay! What a great fic, Ed. And such an adorable epilogue. I was smiling all the way through it, I love it! Hehe, and I love the lines between John and Richard. *giggles* Nice!

Wonderful job on a very fun story! :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh god....*hugs Ed, while weeping openly*....I really needed this wonderful chapter. It has truely made my day, Ed. Thank you so very much.

It's lifted my heart, and warmed my soul. It truely has. I love the latest chapter. If you wish to write more, I can't wait to see it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so very much. When I set out to write this fic, I had two goals in mind:
1Fill it with nods here and there, characters, details like the peonies, songs, all as a tribute to Richard Hunt.
2 Make one other person happy with this, a Sara "ReneeLouvier" Vines, as this was hers and Scooter's story.

Glad to have accomplished that, if by no other sign than that you're truly happy with it li'l cuz. Don't think there's more to this, it feels complete to me. There is something that cerebrally cortexed its way through my cranium last night, based on the medley from A Christmas Together. Mayhaps I'll get to that later this month.

Happy holidays and hugs back to you and your family Sara.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you Ed. *gives a big hug to one of her favorite cuz'zes* I think I'll print this out as the first story that Rob reads from here. =D

green stuff

Reaction score
Aw...yay! *applauds Ed* Hooray! That was so sweet! Bravo!
*looks around and sees everyone is staring at her* What?...Oh right, yeah I shouldn't be here, I should be updating my own story, huh? *feels the wrath of a poking stick* Okay okay, I'm going!