For Sale: Backstage with Rowlf

deedeekaye

Reaction score
It is no longer in the box, I had it out on display, but it is in near perfect condition and comes with the elusive Rowlf figure. Because there is no box, I will very carefully package up: Rowlf, the dressmaker mannequin, victrola, telephone, coat tree, and extra advertisements. I will also dis-assemble the playset so it ships in a smaller/safer box. **In the interest of full disclosure, when I bought it, one of the coat tree pegs had snapped off in the box. I've found this to be a fairly common problem with that particular item. I never bothered to super glue it together but do have the little broken off piece. Lovingly recreated, the figures stand 2.5 levels tall.

This is from a non-smoking home. I accept payment via paypal.

I had this listed on ebay but didn't get any action, so I thought I'd try here. Anyone interested? I can send you pics if you'd like-

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well 375$ for a loose backstage set that was on display and without box plus a broken part seems very expensive to me.

I dont know what it did cost when it came out but i think it was around 50-60 $.
I know its rare and looks awesome but 375$ for this nope you will need a crasy collector to get this price.

deedeekaye

Reaction score
Well, I looked on ebay and saw the same set, loose out of box and they were asking $399. Is the box really that important? I'm just asking because I'm not a collector and perhaps just don't know these things. Hypothetically, what would you expect to pay for this playset w/o a box?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yeah, I know they're rare and going for more than their original value, but that's a bit too steep for me, sorry. I hope you're able to find a buyer though!

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well you cant just look on ebay and think the 1st find of the same item with buy it now is the going price.
If that price is the actual goin price for a loose set it would be already sold with buy it now dont you think ?
Ive seen MIB backstage sets go for 180 Sets and also some loose for less and more. It depends what collectors are willing to pay. For collectors a mint in unopenend box item will always yield a much higher price then an opened without box of the same item.

The last loose set i saw on Ebay was without box but with mint and unused parts, it als had some extras included and that did sold for 237$ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=140312091306

Now take a look what you have. Near mint used playset without box and extras and one broken part.
Maybe you sell it for almost the same maybe for 100$ less who really knows.
I for one would only buy a mint in box playset for a high price.