Forum Questions...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this could become a thread for others to post questions and get help with the forum here at MC.

But... Uh, here goes.
Why does it say I can post replies in the Announcements section of the forum, and yet, there's no link marked "Reply" for me to do so?
Seems like a contradiction in therms that should be corrected.

Don't really understand all the new letter-only Street Sense buttons.
Also, a bit of scrolling needed to get past them at the top of every thread's page on the forums.

Not sure if the Street Sense buttons and Google ads have anything to do with this... But I'm having some slowness issues when using the forums.
Any probs there we should know about?

Just the important stuff I wanted to ask for fright now. Hope this helps, have a great day.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Count said:
Why does it say I can post replies in the Announcements section of the forum, and yet, there's no link marked "Reply" for me to do so?
Seems like a contradiction in therms that should be corrected.
You can't reply because those threads are closed. You shouldn't be able to post replies though regardless so I'll look into that.

The Count said:
Don't really understand all the new letter-only Street Sense buttons.
This was a "word search" that was up for a few days.

The Count said:
Not sure if the Street Sense buttons and Google ads have anything to do with this... But I'm having some slowness issues when using the forums. Any probs there we should know about?
Not that I'm aware of. Things seem to be functioning normally on this end. We will be adding some new forum features hopefully in August so stay tuned.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, your account should now say that you can't post replies in the announcements folder. If you or someone else can confirm if this is now the case I'd appreciated it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Here to report.
It wasn't so much my own account per say... But in the posting rules at the bottom of the page in a thread in the Announcements section it said that I "could" post replies.
It's fixed, cause it now says that I "can not" post replies there.

Word Search huh? Generally, I like those... Shoulda been a list of what we had to find though. Not to mention I got all the letters in a straight downwards list.
Oh well...

Regarding the loading for the site... When I'm in one of the threads, there's a small amount of slowness, plus the fact that when I hit a special key/function with my screenreader program I get "Downloading picture http://wwww.hypemakers.net" instead of "Opening page" or "("Insert number" items remaining) Downloading picture http://forum.muppetcentral.com"
Not sure what's happening here, thought you might want to know.

Hope this helps, have a good night Phil.

alorindanya

Reaction score
Currently I am unable to edit all of my posts that were made before today. I was able to find the "Edit" button on my new post, but on my existing posts this feature did not appear. Any reason why? Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Me thinks that's because the Edit Posts feature only has a limited operating time.

Used to be you only had three minutes after posting a post to go back and edit it.
Now, I believe the time's been increased... Don't know for how long though. But one thing's for sure, it doesn't last longer than either one day or between turning your computer off and back on if it's a long period in between.
Hope this helps.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting; I've never had anything like that happen to me. Ed, could you give me an example of the keys you hit that give this result?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... That's the Invisible Cursor key Kate.
You know the button on the upper righthand corner of the keyboard's NumPad? Well, if you press that button twice quickly, you get an Invisible Cursor, same deal as the Jaws Cursor but it speaks with the same voice as your normal keyboard typing voice.

And BTW: Things have gotten back to normal, good that it's that way again.
Only thing is... Fixed the clock in my User CP for my particular time zone, but E-mail notifications from threads I'm subscribed to keep showing up an hour earlier than they should be.
For example: If I get a notification at 12:15 PM EST local time, the notification E-mail in my gmail.com account shows that the reply/notification came in at 11:15 AM EST.
Hope this problem can get fixed soon.