Fozzie on Family Guy AGAIN

Vic Romano

Reaction score
More proof that Seth McFarlane is a Muppet fan as the bear did his act for a group of Middle Eastern terrorists on tonight's episode of Family Guy.

Whoever did the impersonation was very accurate in Foz's vocal mannerisms, and the whole act was very classic Muppet Show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
While I didn't see it, I did hear it from my dinning room. It sounded like his monologue from TMM.

Frogster

Reaction score
lol yup...
Speakin of Family Guy, I'm glad this episode didn't spend half the time bashing Christians. Lately, McFarlane's been a comedic turn-off for me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
lol yup...
Speakin of Family Guy, I'm glad this episode didn't spend half the time bashing Christians. Lately, McFarlane's been a comedic turn-off for me.
I always felt that the Family Guy went after Jews, blacks and gays just as much as Christians. They don't really pull many punches so that's why little of their needling bothers me. :stick_out_tongue:

Stewie has been known to sing songs about things that put him off and some of them are things I feel strongly about. It just makes me laugh, but it is brutal. Brutally brutal! :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that "I knew a guy who was so Arab... that he had a lot of friends and there wasn't anything funny about him at all." was similar to a line he did in the first movie?

man, it's been forEVER since the last Muppet referece. That said, this episode was pretty meh. Something that would have fit into something from the last few seasons. So far this season, they seemed to have broken old habits, and worked the jokes into the episode without saying "This is worse than..." or "Sort of like how ...." every five minutes.

Frogster

Reaction score
For LOST fans, this is the second time they had a Muppet reference in the same episode that they had a LOST reference in. What was funny about the Matthew Fox thing was that, back during Season 2 when I started watching it, I mentioned to my friend that he seems to breathe hard for no reason lol. He still does it.
And yeah, Frogboy, I see your point. They do make a lotta jokes towards those groups of people as well. But the thing is, if you know anything about McFarlane, he's cool with Jews, blacks and gays. However he is athiest. I'm not a 'bible thumper' by any means, but I do think that he likes to throw those comments out there because he wants to say it and get his point across, not cuz he's tryin to be funny. That's just my opinion, though.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that "I knew a guy who was so Arab... that he had a lot of friends and there wasn't anything funny about him at all." was similar to a line he did in the first movie?
*raises her hand in the air* Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! I noticed! :excited: I think it's great, and more of a tribute to the muppets (like when Peter was Bunsen's assistant) than a lampooning (like the joke about "wrong-sounding muppets"), though those jokes are just as funny!

Drtooth

Reaction score
And yeah, Frogboy, I see your point. They do make a lotta jokes towards those groups of people as well. But the thing is, if you know anything about McFarlane, he's cool with Jews, blacks and gays. However he is athiest. I'm not a 'bible thumper' by any means, but I do think that he likes to throw those comments out there because he wants to say it and get his point across, not cuz he's tryin to be funny. That's just my opinion, though.
I think it's mostly because he's fed up with certain Christian groups. I wish he'd attack people like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson a lot more, if he's going that route. Though I personally liked how they handled the Jesus episode. While pretty sacrilegious, I think it really spoke about the world not being ready and him not being ready for the world.

Though, I hate when Brian keeps pointing out God doesn't exist, despite the fact that God clearly exists in the FG world. In a bizarre way, no less. But then that goes down to how the Simpsons have 3 different marriage stories and the continuity of these things keeps going in and out.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I can't wait till it airs here. I laughed so hard at a mock-up of Fozzie on The Simpsons I fell off my chair. Can't wait to see what Seth did this time.

Ignorance

Reaction score
Haven't seen the show yet, but that's an amazing quote. [And has convinced me to watch on youtube.]
I love being the only one to get muppet references. Especially funny ones. :sing: