Fozzie was on the latest Simpsons episode

muppetperson

Reaction score
In Season 14 they switched to digital ink and paint. Actually, they've been experimenting with digital ink and paint since 1995 on the "Radioactive Man" episode. What they do now is they draw the sketches on pencil, then scan them into the computers and then do the ink-and-paint and animation processes digitally. Many modern hand-drawn cartoons are done this way. Disney was one of the first to do it, and I think "Ren & Stimpy" was the first TV cartoon to use digital ink and paint (on the infamous banned episode "Man's Best Friend").

But I gotta say, Fozzie's cameo was the only part I thought was funny. The rest of the episode was really moving, but I won't go into details.

As for Dan Castellaneta as Fozzie, I think he often handles Frank Oz's Muppets on the Simpsons. He voiced Miss Piggy in her two cameos. And I think either he or Hank Azaria voiced Kermit the Frog in his two appearances. I also know that Tress MacNeille voiced Elmo, and Harry Shearer voiced the Count. I do agree it would've been cooler if Frank Oz or Eric Jacobson voiced Fozzie in that, but I'm sure both performers would've just gotten up and tried to sue Lance Armstrong for pulling the puppet off their hands.

And it looks like someone beat me to the Muppet Wiki Simpsons page again (drat me for waiting later to watch the episode I recorded!) However, I DID submit the info for "Stop or my Dog will Shoot" (Wiggum's sweater of Big Bird and Elmo in a saw mill) and "Papa Don't Leech" (Kermit and Piggy with Lurleen Lumpkin), but not the images.
Thanks so much for the insight into digital animation.I was wondering how they did that.Didnt know if the whole lot was done on a computer, but know I know the drawings are still done by hand.Ren & Stimpy did start off with tradition animation as I have a hand painted cel from Untamed World.

Beauregard

Reaction score
He has a cigarette in his mouth and is over Judge Snyder's shoulder.
You there, wouldn't you have loved to end that sentence in 3!'s? Do you miss 3?'s, and !'s and are you tired of ... being the only lengthy expresion allowed, join the resistence and fight the institution! Viva Le Punctuation!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I thought this was a fun sad episode, the fozzie thing didn't do much for me though because I've seen that sort of joke before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I swear. We got 2 Muppet mentions in one weekend. First, we have one of "The Big Man's" goons refer to Green Goblin as "Kermit" in Spectacular Spider-Man, now this.

Big points for them not just going the obvious Kermit/Piggy rout.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I had a smaller simpsons cast poster and I did notice kermit being on it. I always wondered WHY he was even on it in the first place.

So back on topic, I caught the ending of this right as fozzie gets punched. I seem to do that alot, catch the end of things and miss the beginning.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Ok, first of all, I don't want to hear "Oh the Simpsons hasn't been good since season 10" because that's a lie... it's still good, just not as good as it was during seasons 1-8 (IMO).

With that out of the way... Fozzie was on the Simpsons last night! It was really funny too. Homer was watching TV and there was some award show on with Lance Armstrong and Fozzie presenting an award. Fozzie made one of his usual "bad jokes that we still love anyway" and Lance Armstrong got ****** off and took the puppet off the performer's hand! The performer kept "performing" even without Fozzie on his hand.

To me it sounded like Dan Castellaneta (Homer, Krusty, Barney, and many others) was doing his voice... but don't quote me on that. How satisfying it would have been to have Eric Jacobson or better yet, Frank Oz doing the voice :embarrassed:
oh like you i loved this eposide hehe but frank oz would have been the best to do the voice that did cross my mind as i watched the eposide .