Fozzie's Mom Found! (Character Names)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I put this here instead of a Muppets thread because the link really doesn't have anything to do with The Muppets, except that Emily Bear is now a a spokeswoman for Dimension Films:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/14/film.venom.ap/index.html

:embarrassed:

-----------
In unrelated news, one of Muley's friends in the comic strips (and puppet world) is named Roy Duck. In the town where my Aunt June lives, there is a Roy Duck that lives there!! Never knew one existed. I just named Muley's duck-pal after my Uncle Don's first name (after my grandfather) Roy. (Because Donald Duck has already been taken).

-----------

My best friend, Antone, who owns and runs www.toshigawa.com married a girl whose last name was Stone, as was her sister Sharon's! (Sharon Stone, if you didn't get that).

-----------

And since we're in this direction, not that it matters really since we aren't famous, but Antone introduced me (during college) to his room mate. Well, you all know I'm white, named Kevin Williams, and have a mule for a cartoon character. Antone's roomie was a black guy named Kevin Williams who was raised on a mule farm in Tennessee! Antone finally ended up indicating which Kevin Williams he was talking about by calling out our race or our middle initials (I'm "L." and he's "A.").

--------------

Who else has the name of a character that you've met or know of?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just reminded that one of our customers is named Jim Henson!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Roy Duck sounds like a compilation of Roy Rooster and Wade Duck from Garfield & Friends' U.S.Acres (on the DVD sets, Orson's Farm)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's how the "Roy Duck" name came to being.

When I was a kid, only 7 (keep that in mind), I'd decided that Muley would have a friend who was a duck. I started with a black duck and named him Donald the Daffy Duck. (When you're a kid, who knows about copyright infringements, right?)

Later, I added Roy to the beginning of the name because I have an uncle whose name is Roy Donald (last name). Obviously, years pass and I dropped the Donald altogether for only Roy Duck.

Oh, and somewhere along the way (maybe in 1988 or 1989) I found a photo of a wood-duck, so Roy Duck was no longer black but became the colors he is now, which you can see at www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I wasnt saying anything about copyright I was just simply commenting, that's all.

PS: You're a good cartoonist! ( I have a cartoon too but no site for it..:smile: )

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm too stupid to create a website, so do what I did: Get a photo gallery online that's free!! :smile: