FR season one DVD ( UK/Ireland version )

SeanC

Reaction score
I picked this up in the Dublin branch of Tower Records today ( not supposed to be released until Monday but they'd put it out early ). For anyone who was wondering if the region 2 set would include the UK versions set on the lighthouse, the answer is no. It's the US version with The Doc. While this isn't a problem for Irish viewers like me as that's how we saw it when RTE transmitted the show back in the 80s, I can understand that British viewers might feel a little sad that their version isn't included. Fulton McKay, who played The Captain in the UK version, was a fine comedy actor ( most famous for his role in the prison sitcom 'Porridge' ) and it would have been nice to see him in what I believe was his final role.

Also, if anyone is buying this then be careful taking the discs out - mine were fixed into the slipcase so tightly I was sure they'd break. Managed to get them all out safely in the end :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
How many DVDs are they? and do they have special features?

SeanC

Reaction score
How many DVDs are they? and do they have special features?
There's 4 DVDs in a fold out box ( contained in a slipcase ). I haven't had a chance to check all the discs yet, but no special features are listed on the packaging. Seems to be just the episodes and nothing more :frown:
Very nice photos of the characters on the box, though.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Thanks SeanC for the info.

It's always the same when a Muppet DVD comes to the UK : Never the same as the R1 DVD :mad::boo: