Fraggle Cartoon

goshposh

Reaction score
i am too young to remember the fraggle rock cartoon, but i remember when muppet babies was first on. anyway was the fr cartoon any good? it wasn't the muppeteers doing the voices was it?

Frogster

Reaction score
It wasn't as good as the puppet version. I guess it's because the mystery and magic doesn't exsist in the cartoon version. The voices weren't done by the regular muppeteers, but whoever they were, they came as close as they could.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Fraggle Rocks! (whether live action or cartoon!)

If you remember when Muppet Babies was first on goshposh, then you're old enough to remember the Fraggle Rock cartoon! Muppet Babies started in 1984 and concluded its run in 1992. Fraggle Rock (the live action show) started in 1983 and ended in 1987 and the Fraggle Rock cartoon ran from 1987-1988. I grew up watching both and I would have never guessed there were different people to do voices for the live action and the cartoon versions. They sounded the same to me. Both of the series were quite good. Since the live action one ended, the cartoon was a way of prolifrigating the show for a bit longer.

How is there no mystery and magic in the cartoon version? I'm sorry but the argument about cartoon vs. puppets just doesn't hold up for me. Some people say the same thing about Muppet Babies, but I loved Muppet Babies. I still enjoy watching the live action and cartoon versions of Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and Sesame Street and all of the movies and specials. Basically, I love all of the Muppet projects. After watching 96 episodes of Fraggle Rock (live action), I think it's cool to have 13 episodes of Fraggle Rock cartoon to prolong the magic. I'd rather have more adventures with the Fraggles than less.

Anyway, get the special edition Fraggle Rock DVD coming out this fall. Not only do you get the 1st. 3 episodes of the live action show, you get an episode of the cartoon and you can compare for yourself. It's worth it to have both. Trust me, it's all good. :smirk: :excited: :smile:

Frogster

Reaction score
What I mean by that, GonzoLeaper, is that when it came to F.R. cartoon, it was all drawn; It wasn't made as real. For instance, the Gorgs towering over the tiny robot, model-version of the fraggles, the Trash Heap, the Doozer buildings, the realistic rooms like the Great Hall and Gobo's room, and stuff like that. I still wander how they operated certain things and made certain characters from that show to this day. I'm saying it's easy to do the stuff like this when it comes to cartoons, because all you have to do is draw it. It wasn't hand-made.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I have to agree with Frogster. They Cartoon was fun but compared in no way the the puppets! It takes alot more efforf and imagination to create something, than to just draw it. The cartoons theme song was drwn very well but the show was now where near that. Gobo, Mokey and Boobers voices were good, bet all the rest like Red, Jr. Gorg and Ma. Gorg were awfull! I have a few on take, I know what im talking about!
Ty

goshposh

Reaction score
wow, i didn't mean to start a great debate! this should be one of the topics for the bush/kerry debate. i don't how i could have missed the cartoon fraggles. of course i would have only been two years old. i already have the dvd (not the special edition), so is it really worth it just to get the sp dvd just for the cartoon?

beaker

Reaction score
at any rate, one episode from it will be a bonus feature on the FR dvd coming out next month. It's been 16 years since I last saw it.

Foodie

Reaction score
goshposh said:
i am too young to remember the fraggle rock cartoon, but i remember when muppet babies was first on. anyway was the fr cartoon any good? it wasn't the muppeteers doing the voices was it?
I only liked it because it was a way to get my fraggle fix. It was pretty bad though.

Nick
:smirk:

Xerus

Reaction score
No, the Muppeteers didn't do the voices in the Fraggle cartoon. They were done by these voice artists.

TOWNSEND COLEMAN: Gobo, Architect, Wrench
BOB BERGEN: Wembley
BARBARA GOODSON: Red, Wingnut
MONA MARSHALL: Mokey, Cotterpin
ROB PAULSEN: Boober, Sprocket, Marjory
PAT PINNEY: Uncle Matt, Pa Gorg, Flange
PATTI PARRIS: Ma Gorg
MICHAEL LASKIN: Junior Gorg
JOHN STEPHENSON: Doc, Philo, Gunge
STU ROSEN: Storyteller