Fraggle Fan

dinoboy

Reaction score
When I was at Shoprite, I saw the Fraggle Rock first season on DVD, and bought two copies. One for me and my older sister of course. It's was kinda fun looking back at how the show began when Doc and Sprocket had moved into their new home. I loved the extra features of the songs like "See The Beetle Sitting On The Stone." But for some reason, on my disc, when the scene comes up with Traveling Mat reading from a book of huge memories, my disc starts to show some graphic distortions and the scene freezes and then jumps past several features of the disc to some of other Mat's memoires, thusly cutting out some memory fill ins. I don't know if it was a defectivie disc or what. But I gotta admit that it was catchy to see the animated version of the show.
I do have some fond memories to share. I loved this one episode where Doc gets a new game for his computer called "Zombie Attack." And he and his dog Sprocket start having a game tournament to see who gets the highest score. Then their next door neighbor calls and upon Doc asking him if he knows the game, he tells him that he got 800,000 points and then challenges him to a game showdown. Doc's score was beaten big time. But for a festive holiday season, I loved the "Bells Of Fraggle Rock" episode, which I have on VHS. The freezing cold days of winter could be easily melted away and warmed up by the ringing of the bells during festivities. Very true.
Then a funny episode Is when Red finds a toe tickler caterpillar and tries to keep it as a pet, then they come in heards and tickle everyone. Then there was an episode that a blob-like creature comes into Fraggle rock and devours all Fraggles that came nearby, and they are released as Boober tells funny jokes to make it laugh. Then the fantasy episode where upon Red exploring the caves, she discovers a mysterious sea serpent that she makes friends with and has to make a promise to keep it's presense a secret. That is a good show to watch.