Fraggle One-Shot: Tell Me A Story

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow, this is like late Christmas on MC for me! First Ed's calendar oneshot comes out today, and then I find a oneshot from one of my favorite writers on here.

As for the story, I loved it! Though Wembley and Boober may not be my favorite Fraggles, their friendship is probably my favorite relationship on the show. I think you got each character spot on. Very realistic feel to this. :coy::sigh:

(And thanks for reminding me about Nest Divided, I kinda fell out of that story when I went on an MC break sometime ago, but I hope to catch up on it soon)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Awww. This was very sweet, Charlie my dear.

One of the things that has always characterized Jim's work is that "knowingness" is a way of loving somebody. Kermit's friends know that Kermit can't help being a dictatorial control freak, and they love him anyway. Fozzie's friends know that--even if he isn't funny--he will try very hard! And Piggy's friends know that there is really so much more to her than the world is willing to see! (No jokes, buster.)

So it is totally appropriate that Boober and Wembly would both give each other the gift of knowingness, and care about each other by showing how much they "get" each other.

A finely nuanced story. Good job.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words! I think that the knowingness is a big part of Fraggle society, that since they place such a large value on giving of themselves in friendship, so it's natural for Boober and Wembley to know what each other would like and share accordingly.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I agree with that. They sort of see themselves as one, so caring for all is the same thing as caring for themselves. Wish us silly creatures could learn that.