1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Parents?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Squall Leonhart, Sep 20, 2007.

1. I've been wondering this for awhile and maybe somebody can help me out. Gobo, has Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt had Uncle Gobo. Junior has his mom and dad, The Doozer's have parent's so where are the Fraggle's parents? Did they live in another part of the rock or something?
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

It was said in a couple of interviews that the show's creators started out including Fraggle babies on the show, at least during the them song (hence implying parents). But then that raised questions of how Fraggles were born. They weren't sure how to go about explaining that so they stopped showing babies etc.
  3. Pork Active Member

haha, that explains it.
  4. Rose Member

Well to simplfie complcations there would have been all too easy. Just say they were born in the radish garden. When you pull up a stem a baby comes from the gtound kind of like mandrakes. :p

5. Foodie Active Member

I still prefer to think fraggles are born like people are. I thought I read once that the writers toyed with the idea of having an egg fall into the fraggle pond that hatched a fraggle. Dunno how true that is... but then, that did happen in " Wembley's Egg "... 'cept a bird came outta the egg. :smirk:
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

The Storyteller once told a story of a Fraggle, mentioned he was first "hatched." But of course, that could just be an affectionate term, not necessarily literal lol.

I'd prefer to think they're mammals just because they do have fur. But perhaps they're a combination, mammal and egg hatching. ;)
  7. Foodie Active Member

She did?
  8. muppet baby Active Member

Wow i never thaought much about the faggle Parents, but that is a good thought .

Well who knows about those that where talked about hmmmmmmmmm well in one way i wish that they would talk about all the parents hmmmmmmmmmm maybe if the series went longer i would have come up he he he anyway the series is wonderful .:) :excited:
  9. superboober Member

I can't help wondering if something awful might have happened to Boober's parents. If so, it would certainly explain the root of his depression.
  10. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yep. In the "Terrible Tunnel" episode. She says: "The famous Fedora Fraggle was first hatched in..." then Wembley cuts her off to request the tale of the Terrible Tunnel. You have to be quick to catch it, but it's there.

It was toyed with in the beginnings of the show that Fraggles came from eggs. Though many mammals (assuming Fraggles are mammals) don't lay eggs, there are exceptions. (The platypus for example).

Convincing John
  11. Pork Active Member

I think if they did start with the idea that fraggles came from eggs they must have abandoned it. Because in the episode "Wembly's Egg" he tells them that the egg has got a baby in it and nobody believes him they just laugh. So I don't think they come from eggs.
  12. Erine81981 Active Member

But you would have to think that they all at least had parents or a family and they grew up and moved to another part of the rock. In the "Workin Workin" song Gobo talks about his mom asking him to bring home pick ice cream. So you at least have to think they all had families and or parents. I think that Gobo's uncle Matt was there because Gobo went to stay with him for a while and then when Matt decited to leave he told Gobo to take his room and that's how Gobo and Wembley ended up together being there were freinds back in the day. I guess anyone can make up a story and all about how all five characters became friends or found each other. But i like to think they all had parents and they just moved to another part of the rock after a certain age.
  13. Metacritter New Member

Hi Mom!

My theory is that the parents are around, just not in the stories. Listen to Red as she hustles Mokey through the crowd of Poobahs on the way to the trial. In among the generic outta-the-way-comin'-through patter she says "Hi Mom!"

Ok, it's prolly just a tossed off improv and I've just revealed that I watch Fraggle Rock way too much, but eh. :)
  14. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Well, Karen Prell would have the only answer to that! Maybe Karen was saying hi to her mom (like a Carol Burnett tug-at-the-ear type of thing) although Karen had to take a different approach, since Red has no earlobes.:p

Nonsense! In my book you can't watch enough Fraggle Rock. I'll have to look up that Poobahs episode again.

Convincing John
  15. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I have always loved the theory that they were hatched from eggs in a sort-of 'communal' egg hatching pool, and then were brought up by the community, rather than having specific parents.

Perhaps Uncle Matt is an affectionate term?

Bea:zany:{In other news, my sister is going to have a baby, then I will be called Uncle Matt!}regard
  16. heralde Well-Known Member

Actually, I can understand that theory; it does make sense based on what we've seen. Part of me feels weird about it too, probably just because it's not "normal" to me. But that's what Fraggle is all about right? Lol

My opinion is that "Uncle" Matt isn't an affectionate term, just because Matt also had an Uncle Gobo that looked a little like Gobo Jr. That's too much of a coincidence.

Congrats on the new baby! :)
  17. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Of course if that was so, it raises the question of whether Matt was actually his uncle at all....
  18. wwfpooh New Member

It could be that saying that when you adore someone, you name one of the next generations after them, and so, considering she probably considered Matt one of her closest relatives and that Matt was enamored with his Uncle Gobo, Gobo's mom named her son after the original explorer who started the Matt and Gobo legacy.
  19. Collgoff Well-Known Member

That was a hint when the storyteller fraggle said that some fraggle was hatched.
  20. Collgoff Well-Known Member

We didn't hear her say that!