Fraggle Rock books

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock books.

There are two Fraggle Rock books I have and a third that belongs to my brother.

The one that belongs to my brother is If I Were King Of The Universe, in which Junior Gorg dreams of being King, but then decides that he is happier being what he is. I remember Joel got that book for Chirstmas and the next month which was my birthday he said he had a Muppet related book to give me but I had to leave the room while he wrapped it. But he didn't have enough wrapping paper so I so what the book was and thought he was playing a trick on me as that's what he tended to do in those days. He started to cry as this time he was being fair dukum! LOL

The first one I got for myself was Wembly Fraggle Gets the Story, where the Fraggles decide to start their own newspapers. Then recently I bought Red and the Pumpkins. I had known about this book nearly 20 years before I finally got around to reading it, but I would never have guessed the ending! (I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it!) The author of this book was Jocelyn Stevenson who was also one of the writers of the TV programme, which may explain why it is so true to the programme it was based on. I wonder if Karen Prell has read that book?

Joggy

Reaction score
The Fraggle books are probably some of my favorite Muppet books. I found a whole batch of them in a second hand bookstore - which is quite the thing for someone who lives in Holland! Those books are rare here, especially in English.

Wembley Fraggle Gets the Story is one of my favorites. My library had it when I was little, and I got it myself about a year ago.

Another favorite of mine is Wembley and the Soggy Map. The illustrations are so awesome.