Fraggle Rock Box Sets: Not for sure

Foodie

Reaction score
They've already said that the first set is due in late 2005. Also, you can pre-order the next 3 episode set called " Dance Your Cares Away " from Amazon as it ships on 1/4/05.

Sorry if any of this is old info. :smirk:

Nick

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Foodie said:
They've already said that the first set is due in late 2005.
This has been said but it is not 100% true yet; as of November 17th (3 days ago) this is what HIT! had to say about the release of sets.
"It has not been decided on if we will be making box sets at this time. There are no plans one way or the other. It is currently under consideration, we will pass all interest along to our Brand Team for consideration."

Luke

Reaction score
From what i gather, yeah it isn't actually 100% that they will be doing season sets in late 2005. They don't schedule product that far in advance so it is pretty much on an 'almost certain' basis that they will do it, because they can, want to, and have all permission etc so there isn't really a problem BUT it still depends on the current stuff selling so they know there is still a market at the time when it comes to actually putting it into an actual definite release schedule. If the market for Fraggle DVD's slowed they would probably drop the plans. It was pretty stupid of the customer reps to go telling callers that it was definitely happening because nothing is 100% that far in advance and it would have had the negative effect of making a lot of people hold off from buying the current scheduled releases and wait for the season sets so what they are saying now is probably a bit closer to the truth and to their advantage. It seems to be a case of buy enough of the current stuff and the season sets will come.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Are they really only 3 eps per set in the US of A? WE have 12 plus Making Of here.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
So far there is one DVD out in the USA (region 1 DVD) it has 3 episodes, a sing-along, and an animated fraggle rock episode.

There is a second DVD coming out in the US this January with 3 episodes, behind the scenes, trivia game (that unlocks a 4th episode), and animated fraggle rock episode.

Hopefully they do create the season sets aswell; some rumors say they are working on it for the fall 2005, but there is no confermed facts.

Luke

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
some rumors say they are working on it for the fall 2005, but there is no confermed facts.
It's not rumors, the company themselves have said they are WORKING on it for fall 2005. I know several people in the company above customer service level who have even confirmed this. The point is just because they are working on it doesn't mean they can't pull whatever provisional plans they have. Whatever you get from a customer service email is just the official company stance at the given time, they want you to buy what is out there now and don't have to tell you about future plans if they choose not to.

Foodie

Reaction score
Oh it's 100%. See? * offers proof in the form of a bowl of puding * :smirk:

Nick

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I'm not saying they are not happening, I'm just saying until we get an official announcement or press release on the subject things could change (even if people in the company now say they are happening). Just cause they are working on it does not mean it will be produced into a final product; things change. Many DVDs have started work on them but have been scrapped and not released. Just cause some people in the company say they are happening it is not the official final result of what could happen. It is very likely it will happen but let's not count our chicken before they hatch (or even before they are officially announcened). Once we get a press release, media release, official ad, or other official statement from HIT! we can rejoice, but lets not get too eager too early.

Foodie

Reaction score
I was under the impression that they were official. Ah well. They're official to me. :smirk:

Nick

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
If you can show me something that came directly from HIT! say they were happening I would call that official, but a third or fourth hand story is not official. I would wait, if they are happening they'll let us know officially soon enough. Maybe the January DVD will have an insert ad for the release in the package..who knows,