Fraggle Rock Fan-Fiction: Perfect Harmony

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok first of all....It's LISA! We miss you girl! College life is crazy isn't it?

Second of all, great chapter! No one can sleep, and Cantus' song and oy! Must read more, I'm so glad to finally read an update!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Bumped, lessed it be forgotten.

I notice you're online now, young man! Might we have an update? If not the story itself, then how 'bout an update on the status of the update? Did that make sense?
:smirk: Like I don't know the answer to that question!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ummmm... update on the status of the update... wellllllll... I'm home today kinda just... sitting here. I could probably maybe try to write something today... Maybe probably. :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 7

Gobo stuffed all of Uncle Matt’s postcards into his backpack. "Well Wembley, are you ready?"

Wembley stood in the cave-room with his eyes closed and snoring.

Gobo grumbled. He walked behind Wembley, grabbed his tail, and yanked.

Wembley jumped up, shouting. "Wha! Ah! Oh! Gobo! You scared me!"

"Wembley!" Gobo chided. "C’mon, we’ve gotta get goin’."

"Oh, right," Wembley said. "Where are we going?"

"To find my Uncle Matt," Gobo said sternly.

"Oh yeah!" Wembley said. "Alright then, let’s go!"

With packs on their backs, the two best friends walked out into the dark caverns. Wembley yawned loudly. "Gee Gobo, did we have to leave so early?"

"Well, no," Gobo said. "But I didn’t want anyone to try and talk us out of it."

"I did!" Wembley said. Gobo shot Wembley a glare. "Well... maybe I did. Or maybe I didn’t... I don’t know."

"Well, I just hope we didn’t wake anybody up leaving this morning," Gobo said.

As the two Fraggles turned the corner into another cavern, they were swept over by the cheering of every Fraggle inside the Rock.

"Uh, Gobo," Wembley said.

"Y-yes Wembley?"

"I think we woke somebody up."

The World’s Oldest Fraggle stepped forward with his knobbly cane. "Young Gobo and Wembley Fraggle," World’s Oldest said. "The two of you are truly the bravest Fraggles in Fraggle Rock! We all wish you the best of luck on your truly dangerous expedition! Well? What’re ya waitin’ for? Wish ‘em the best of luck!" World’s Oldest shouted at the other Fraggles.

The Fraggles cheered and music began to play. Mokey and Boober stepped forward with flower necklaces for Gobo and Wembley.

"Have you got your hat?
Have you got your coat?
" Mokey sang.

"Do you really have to go?
There’s a storm out there
So you must beware
Of the sleet and rain and snow," the other Fraggles sang.

"And the earth will quake
And the world will shake," Boober sang.
And the seas will rise around
And a great big germ, like a slimey worm
Will come to drag you down!"

"And you’ll be rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ on
You’ll be rollin’, rollin’ on
You’ll be rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ on
You’ll be realin’, rollin’, squealin’, strollin’ on."

Mokey grabbed both Wembley and Gobo into a huge hug. "Oh, you two are so brave!" she said, sniffing back tears. "Please, take detailed notes of everything you see."

"We’ll do what we can, Mokey," Gobo said.

"Beware of germs!" Boober warned. "You have no idea what awaits you out there! It might all be one big... yucha!"

"Hey," Wembley said. "Where’s Red?"

"Hmm," Mokey thought. "I don’t know, I haven’t seen her since I left the room this morning."

"Well she should at least be here to say farewell to heroes like Wembley and I," Gobo said.

"Ha, heroes?" Red’s voice scoffed from within the crowd of Fraggles.

The crowd parted and Red came strolling up to where Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, and Boober stood, with a backpack and exploring hat on.

"What’s all this, Red?" Gobo asked.

"Please Gobo, did you really think I’d let you and Wembley handle this big tragedy all by yourselves?" Red asked. "I mean, after all, you’ll need the bravest Fraggle for this quest."

"And I’m right here, so go on home, Red!" Gobo said.

"Nope, I’m going with you Gobo," Red said.

Gobo grumbled. "Oh, Gobo," Wembley said. "I think having Red along will be fun. It’ll be nice to have company."

Gobo frowned and looked at Red. "Alright, fine. She can go."

"Whoopie!" shouted the Fraggles.

"But we wish you well
As we say farewell
And we’re full of jealousy
You can take your hat
You can leave like that
And be home in time for tea," sang the Fraggles.

"Then we’ll gather here
And we’ll give a cheer
And cry
" Mokey sang.

"Hooray for you!" the Fraggles shouted.

"And we’ll toast our toes
And we’ll all suppose
That you’ve somehow blundered through," Boober sang.

"And you’ll be rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ on
You’ll be realin’, rollin’, squealin’, strollin’
"

"Rumblin’, ramblin’, scrumblin’, shamblin’," the World’s Oldest Fraggle sang.

"Bumblin’," Mokey sang.

"Tumblin’," Large Marvin sang.

"Grumbling," Boober sang.

"Scramblin’," Henchy sang.

"Rollin’, rollin’ on," all of the Fraggles sang to finish the song.

The Fraggles erupted with cheering again at the close of their song. Wembley, Gobo, and Red stood at the entrance to the final tunnel to Doc’s apartment.
"We’ll miss you," Mokey said quietly.

"Well, we’ll be back soon," Gobo said. "It can’t be that hard to find Uncle Matt. How big can Outer Space be anyway?"

"Ten or twenty tunnels at most," Wembley said.

Boober sniffed. "Well, just be careful."

"Oh, come on Boober," Red said. "We’ll be fine! You just keep up on the laundry!"

"Goodbye Fraggles!" Gobo said to the crowd. "Your heroes will return, and this crisis will be avoided! We promise!"

The Fraggles whooped and hollered again as Gobo, Wembley, and Red started down the tunnel.

Cantus stood off to the side of the noisy cavern with the crowd gathered inside. Murray came walking over to him. "Whatcha think, boss?" Murray asked.

Cantus took a deep breath. "I do hope that this is the right thing to be doing."

<~><~><~><~><~>

Cotterpin had snuck down to watch Gobo and the others leave. She sighed happily. "Good, the crisis is being taken care of," she said, getting back on her bike. "Now I can concentrate on my work."

As Cotterpin rode off through the caverns, she noticed a dim light coming from a cavern in front of her.

"What could that be?" she asked herself. "I’d better go check it out."

She rode off towards the light and as she made her way further and further down the cave, the light grew brighter and brighter.

As Cotterpin reached an opening, the light grew so bright, so fast, that it nearly blinded the Doozer, and she had to cover her eyes. "Whoa!"

She uncovered her eyes slowly and she could see where the light was coming from. A crevice in the side of the cave, about the length and width of a Fraggle.

"What is that?" Cotterpin asked. She climbed on top of her bike and poked her head through the hole. Through it she saw that the light was coming from the new morning sun rising in the Gorg’s garden. "What the..." Cotterpin looked around and saw the large brown Gorg huddled behind a wheelbarrow while a smaller purple Gorg drowsily made his way into what looked to be the remains of a castle.

"This can’t be good," Cotterpin said. "I’ve gotta go tell the architect!"

<~><~><~><~><~>

Junior stretched his limbs about him. He yawned loudly and sat up. "What a long night," he said. He rubbed the back of his head. "D’at’s the last time I sleep out on the gwound..."

Ma and Pa came strolling out of the castle, hand in hand, giggling to themselves.

Junior scratched his head. "D’at’s kinda stwange..." He hoisted himself up to his feet. "Hey, Ma! Pa! What awe you doin’? I t’ought you were fighting!"

"Um, uh, Junior!" Pa said. "We’re, uh, tryin’ to patch things up. So, um, be a good little prince of the Universe, and go... wait behind the castle!"

"Why would I wait behind the castle?" Junior asked.

"Oh, confound it Junior!" Pa shouted. "Just go... repair the wall or somethin’!"

"Mind your father, Junior," Ma said, batting her eyelashes at Pa.

Junior kicked up some dirt. "Alwight, fine." He grumbled and walked to the side of the castle, plopping down. "Dumb gwown-ups..."

Junior laid down on his back and looked at the large Rock with Fraggles inside it. "I haven’t even seen in Fwaggles fow a long time!"

Junior sighed and stared at the Rock. He squinted, noticing something off about the Rock.

"What’s d’is?" he asked, getting up and looking at the same crack in the Rock Cotterpin saw. Junior gasped. "It’s a hole to my fwiends the Fwaggles! Oh this is gweat! Now I can play with d’em whenevah I want to!"

Junior looked the hole up and down. "But, uh, how am I supposed to get in d’ere?" Junior pondered this for a second. "Ooh, I know! I’ll use Pa’s boom-boom sticks! I’m sure he won’t mind! I mean, if I play with the Fwaggles, I won’t be able to bothew them!"

Junior peeked out from behind the wall. "Coast is cleah," he said. The young Gorg ran off towards the tool shed. "D’is is gonna be so much fun!"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
YAY! An update! And such a good update deserves a good review. Since I'm sitting here at work with nothing better to do, I will give one to you!

Originally posted by Prawnie
Gobo stuffed all of Uncle Matt’s postcards into his backpack. "Well Wembley, are you ready?"

Wembley stood in the cave-room with his eyes closed and snoring.

Gobo grumbled. He walked behind Wembley, grabbed his tail, and yanked.

Wembley jumped up, shouting. "Wha! Ah! Oh! Gobo! You scared me!"
Oh Wembley, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. If you're going to startle that easily...but in a way Gobo needs Wembley to be a voice of reason in dangerous situations.

Originally posted by the Prawn of Crackers
As the two Fraggles turned the corner into another cavern, they were swept over by the cheering of every Fraggle inside the Rock.

"Uh, Gobo," Wembley said.

"Y-yes Wembley?"

"I think we woke somebody up."
Of course, you guys didn't think you could leave without everyone wanting to send you off did you? I think I hear a song cue coming on!

Originally posted by Gonzo's roomie
And you’ll be rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ on
You’ll be realin’, rollin’, squealin’, strollin’ on."
I guessed right! Great choice of song too, one of my favorites

Originally posted by He Who Knows His Fraggles
Mokey grabbed both Wembley and Gobo into a huge hug. "Oh, you two are so brave!" she said, sniffing back tears. "Please, take detailed notes of everything you see."

"We’ll do what we can, Mokey," Gobo said.

"Beware of germs!" Boober warned. "You have no idea what awaits you out there! It might all be one big... yucha!"

"Hey," Wembley said. "Where’s Red?"

"Hmm," Mokey thought. "I don’t know, I haven’t seen her since I left the room this morning."
Oh Mokey, of course she'd get emotional. And of course Boober would be concerned about germs. And where's Red? Uh-oh, what sort of trouble is my roomie getting herself into now?

Originally posted by The Prawn of Illinois
"Please Gobo, did you really think I’d let you and Wembley handle this big tragedy all by yourselves?" Red asked. "I mean, after all, you’ll need the bravest Fraggle for this quest."

"And I’m right here, so go on home, Red!" Gobo said.

"Nope, I’m going with you Gobo," Red said.

Gobo grumbled. "Oh, Gobo," Wembley said. "I think having Red along will be fun. It’ll be nice to have company."
He he, I love the competition between Gobo and Red! It's just how it should be! And good old Wembley convincing Gobo to let her join them. This should be an interesting trio of adventurers!

Originally posted by Ryguy
Cantus took a deep breath. "I do hope that this is the right thing to be doing."
Eek, you throw in lines like this and I get scared! Where is my teddy bear? Lisa's not here to hand any out right now!

Originally posted by a big fan of Family Guy
She uncovered her eyes slowly and she could see where the light was coming from. A crevice in the side of the cave, about the length and width of a Fraggle.
Yikes! Oh Cotterpin, hurry go find someone!

Originally posted by One Who Has the Gorgs in perfect character
"Um, uh, Junior!" Pa said. "We’re, uh, tryin’ to patch things up. So, um, be a good little prince of the Universe, and go... wait behind the castle!"
LOVE IT! This is hilarious, I can totally picture it and it's just, oh it makes me giggle!

Originally posted by Suspense Builder
"What’s d’is?" he asked, getting up and looking at the same crack in the Rock Cotterpin saw. Junior gasped. "It’s a hole to my fwiends the Fwaggles! Oh this is gweat! Now I can play with d’em whenevah I want to!"
Double yikes! Be careful Junior, don't make it worse!

Okay, there you go, this was awesome, I hope to read more soon! Thanks for the update!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for updating Pwawny. Beth covered everything, so just know the new chapter's appreciated. Now then, what will you do for an encore? Hmm?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks for updating Pwawny. Beth covered everything, so just know the new chapter's appreciated. Now then, what will you do for an encore? Hmm?
Umm... I'll dress in drag and do the hula! *does so* Sheesh, the things I do for you people...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Uncle Deadly blasts blue lightning at the lad.
You're not Aunt DanDan! So don't drop to its level of shennanigans! Just post more story, that's all we want.
Waldorf: Maybe we should make him the star of the luau.
Statler, shocked: Are you serious?
Waldorf: Sure... Nothing's better at a luau than fried shrimp!
*Both laugh.