Fraggle Rock fanfic: Where The Wild Wind Blows

RedPiggy

Reaction score
whoa ... so JUNIOR'S lost in Outer Space?

That is SO cool! He can hang over at my place! :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
"There you are!" Mokey arrived at the tangled mess that was Boober and their two children just as he got up to dust them all off.

"We were worried sick!" Boober yelled at last as Periwinkle flung her crying face at her mothers legs.

Mokey rubbed the top of the pigtailed socking-capped head, her voice very soft as Poppy looked at the ground.

"Sweetwater, oh, You know little fraggles aren't allowed here until they're eight , and even then with a bigger fraggle, you could have been cage thumped!"

"I seven and a half?" He offered meekly.

"A half a radish doesn't make a whole stew..Oh stew, you could have been made into stew..!" Boober's muzzle trembled. "…I can see it now, gorgs reverting back to their dietary roots to make stew from Daddy's Poor Fuzzywocomes."

He reached down to lift the toddler up, smiling as she nuzzled her face into his long red hair.

" But Peri wanted to..." Poppy peeped.

"Poppy!" Both fraggles chorused as he struck down at the invisible blow.

"Now, now Poppy don't blame your sister, she's only a baby."

Boober tisked, as little green finger was pointed toward its' brother, heavy with blame for whose idea this all had been.

"But she lies! She wanted to see..Mr. Gorg.."

"Now Poppy, what a bad thing to say!" Mokey gasped from where she was taking this perfect opportunity to pick up a radish the mess had dung up. "There are no gorgs here now."

"But..but.." Poppy's ear stalks wilted down to meet the back of his head. It really did look as if they were all alone now, the patch of sky had swallowed every hair.

"Don't throw your buts around here, little Mister‚" Boober snapped "..Use your words, they're good for your diction."

"Say you're sorry Sweetwater." Mokey whispered.

"I sorry ..." He whispered back in his sisters' direction, only to be cut short by a soft sound of disapproval.

"Who knows his big boy verbs? " Boober said his voice heavy and firm.

Poppy sighed, rubbing the back of an ankle with one of his oversized socking covered feet as he spoke slowly like a student reading a book in front of the class.

"I am sorry you are a liar Peri .. I teach you not to be, okay?"

Periwinkle laughed, reaching over to try to grab his bomber hat in silent forgiveness as their parents looked at each over for a taken aback moment and shrugged.

"You know Mokey I've been giving serious thought to the idea of writing a parenting book..." Boober said, painting the air with a sweep of imaginary printed letters.
"Dr. Fun's Baby and Child Care. "

"What a wonderful idea! I could help you chronicle it, I have just the right paper... I was going to use it for the legend of the tooth stealing creature Red told last month, but it needs revision anyway. " Mokey rattled on happily, as Boober put a helpful shoulder under the other end of the radish. "Oh, you even collaborate with Gobo when he and the others come home today, he had some experience to, with Wembley..."

"I'm worried about Wembley.. he was so young when they started," Boober said, firmly grabbing the hand of his suddenly very stubborn step-son and turning him away from the garden. " Who knows what poisonous effects outer space has on a young fraggle mind…"

"But..but..Papa there was..he was..a gorg‚...Papa..!" The young fraggle quailed, still pointing upward to sky with one free hand as with the other he was dragged away from the invisible portal to nowhere and back to Fraggle Rock.

Redsonga

Reaction score
whoa ... so JUNIOR'S lost in Outer Space?

That is SO cool! He can hang over at my place! :big_grin:
Yup :excited: Yay beginning of plot! And like I said before from this point on the main fraggles take center stage...The little ones are more mascots *hugs Boobers' baby talk* :coy:. Oh Wembley, Wembley, Wembley...

Redsonga

Reaction score
A postcard hung in a cozy spot on a cave wall, long papered many times over with drawings and Polaroid snapshops. The cards' travel beaten edges framed words written with a steady, well practiced hand in small green ink lettering :

Dear Mokey, Boober, and Little Nippers,

The other day we finally finished our journey on another floating cave across the Great Pond to more of the many Silly Creature islands. Red was grumpy at first because we didn't land on the 'right' one with our favorite Singing Place, but then everyone was happy with what we did find: A festival celebrating fish! Once a year silly creatures sew and sell Flying Fish socks and set them high up on poles to catch the wind with their mouths. I guess you can catch more wind with socks than real fish eh?

It really is something to see, and the little silly creatures seemed especially happy. They laughed a lot when Red tried to climb up one of the poles in her fish outfit to go fishing.

We hope this card finds you okay, we will be going to our Singing Place island tomorrow and will meet you before 3rd snack at the sixty-forth east cave in Uncle Matts' room from there…

Love Always,
Gobo, Red, and Wembley

P.S. Oh I just remembered , it's a tree tunnel, so you might want to bring your splinter needle again Boober. What's travel if you don't lose a little skin eh?

Java

Reaction score
I am truly intrigued, and you have quite a gift with words.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I am truly intrigued, and you have quite a gift with words.
Aw, thank you : )! I know I may not be the best but I try my best to write down the story the characters tell to me:excited:. I know that sounds crazy but that is the best way I can think to say it..The characters are very alive and sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with them *lol* :3....

Wembley is..something now:coy:. *goes back to story*

Edit:
I just noticed I skipped the first part of chapter 4 in the FF.NET verison. I fixed it now and everything should be readable:excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
If you are confused, check with the sun
Carry a compass to help you along...

It was a wonderful place to feel alive.
The club was a spinning hopping collection of fresh faces and school uniforms, their cell phone and glow stick carrying handing dancing upward to the beat of deafening bass notes.

So stand
Stand!
Now face North
Think about direction
Wonder why you haven't

The performer on the stage sweep a hand through his hair, its' neon orange, white and green locks shining with the gloss of sweat that caught the weaving overhead lights.

Now stand (stand)
Now face West
Think about the place where you live
Wonder why you haven't

His tail tuff, equally dyed to earthy rainbow perfection swayed forward, making a girl in the front row faint dead away.

Stand in the place where you live
Now face North!
Think about direction
Wonder why you haven't before

The stars' hands traveled like musical lightning up and down the strings of his glistening cherry red guitar as a shadowed drummer and bass player tried pitifully to keep up.

Now stand in the place where you work
Now face West
Think about the place where you live
Wonder why you haven't before

They finally gave up, collapsing into ruined heaps overcome by their leaders pure talent-ousity.

Stand in the place where you are
Stand in the place where you are

The crowd erupted into clapping, starting up a chant that made the whole club ring like the roar of a poison cackler.

Your feet are going to be on the ground
Your head is there to move you around, so stand!

"Wembley, Wembley, Wembley!"

"'Thank you Kyoto'!" The green fraggle yelled in his most rockstar-ish voice as he was lifted up onto the sea of humanity, laughing and smiling. "Thank you..thank you…"

"Oh no, he's got that look again." A far away voice drifted in from somewhere far away.

"Aw no, we gotta go soon..do you think?" Another voice added, cutting in line in front of the screams of his biggest fans.

"I don't think, I know, there's nothing for it but the ice water."

"Ice water?" The startled star exclaimed as two very mean musclebound bouncers came out of nowhere with a giant barrel of what looked like fizzy water.

"Argh!"

The surrounding scene melted away in a slash of icy fizz that tasted nothing like strawberries and everything like crushed cherry colored guitar dreams.

"You with us again pal?" Gobo asked, as Wembley's vision came back into focus, to be greeted by the worried steady look of his long time best friend over his orange muzzle.

Wembley rubbed his eyes, drops of the icy attack dripping from his mop of dyed hair and down his long nose as he turned toward the sight of Red still holding an empty cup.

"This isn't going to be one of those two cup daydreams is it?"

"No..I'm..I'm okay Red. Gosh, did you have to make it so cold though?" Wembley said with a shiver.

The small karaoke bar stood nearly empty in its' off hours, its' well kept stage and miniature tables filled with only a few stray business men in work worn suits and what looked like a high schooler, elbow deep in a difficult looking textbook.

All and all, the three fraggles were far away from the neon bathed place of Wembley's fantasy.

The owner of the shop, a tall gentle looking silly creature in his early sixties, came over to the groups table without a word with a towel that the smaller fraggle grabbed gratefully with a small nodding bow. "'Thank you Mr. Watanabe , you're the best.'"

"Wembley, you know I don't want to do it, but you get this way every time we go to a singing place, off a thousand miles away with that silly grin of yours…” The yellow fraggle shook her head, her ginger pigtails swaying. “And not silly good, silly crazy! A splash is the only thing for it…"

"You gotta admit Wembley, that bad habit of yours' might be trouble..” Gobo added in as Red leaned on his shoulder where she sat, sucking on a leftover ice cube. “What if you start getting all dreamy someday when we're crossing a street?"

"I'm sorry..But you know Gobo.. if I only.. had a guitar." Wembley looked down at his hands.

"Oh no, not the guitar again." Red groaned, chewing on another ice cube with a noisy crunch.

"…If I only had a guitar I bet I would be extra great." He said looking up with bright hopefully eyes.

"Wembley we've been over and over this, silly creature guitars aren't for fraggles. We don't need them." Gobo sighed, reaching to pat him on the shoulder.

"But Gobo…"

"..and even if they were you'd have to pay money for one, and I know you wouldn't want to give it up..” Gobo's voice fell into a serious tone. “You remember the rule we all agreed on…"

"Don't buy anything unless you can pass it on.." Wembley recited faintly.

"And it's a good rule to…" Gobo nodded.

"..a good silly one…" Red added, looking away quickly to whistle where she now sat in an adjoining chair, her legs crossed over on Gobo's lap.

"Aw Red, this isn't going to be about that World In A Box I made you pass on again is it?" Gobo sighed. “The little silly creature was so happy..."

"Twenty-two million five ..something...thousand points Gobo!" Red yelled with a crazed look, leaning forward and grabbing his shirt sleeve. “I almost had a world record.."

Gobo grinned, suddenly tickling the bare feet before him and sending the yellow fraggle onto the floor in an attack of surprised giggles.

"What you almost had was two weeks without a bath." He chuckled.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Awesome rock-start Wembley!

World in a box?

I really like the Fraggles' agreement not to buy something unless it can be passed on. One wonders if Matt ever did that.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Awesome rock-start Wembley!
Like I said Wembley is...something. *lol* All epicy plots aside thins is really his story. In this story to I went more with songs that not only would have been around at the time, but that fit what I think Wembley's voice might be like when *covered mouth*:coy:

World in a box?
What's box shaped and lets you score points in another world?:excited:

I really like the Fraggles' agreement not to buy something unless it can be passed on. One wonders if Matt ever did that.
Maybe:coy:
World in a box, indeed. I hope the species can be able to work outside the box, sometimes.
I know..but the box is just so..shiny...*suddenly wishes she was back in her box even though she was up until 11 pm with it*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Oh, well, see, I don't have that box. :big_grin:

I get it now.