Fraggle Rock Fic: Red and Boober

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I started writing a Fraggle Rock song-fic yesterday, the pairing is going to be Red/Boober, I watched the episode Marooned over and over and Red/Boober was naturally the result of doing that.

I've also always thought that if their friendship became something more it would be a love/hate relationship (as in they love each other but hate that fact). I think they'd have love/hate thing b/c of Boober acting depressed all the time and Red being stubborn.

Anyway, the song-fic is to the song 'Hate That I Love You' by Ne-Yo and Rihanna.

Would anyone be willing to read this? (I would post it to my fanfiction.net account)

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
(Here is that fan fic xD it doesn't have much of a title right now, but will once uploaded to fanfiction.net)

As I typed this I'm watched my Season 2 Fraggle Rock DVDs! Anyway, this is Red/Boober, I know its an odd pair, but I don't think its such a complete stretch, I see them having a love/hate thing going, and thus this song fic here was born! Enjoy! Fraggle Rock and the characters used belong to Jim Henson. The song used is 'Hate That I Love You' sung by Rihanna and Ne-Yo which is copyright to Def Jam Recordings. Please be nice (as this is my first Fraggle fic ever). Also, please don't leave a review telling me I'm completely and totally wrong about this pairing, that would be rather rude. Enjoy!

Yeah
Hey (hey)
That's how much I love you (yeah)
That's how much I need you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Boober was in the middle of folding his laundry when she ran into his cave...It was just like her to barge in like that.

Hello Red.” He didn't look away from his laundry.

You forgot this last night.” Red held Boober's scarf out to him.

Boober let out a small sigh, he'd thought his scarf had already been washed and folded, but then it hit him!

He had indeed left it with Red last night...Just because he'd learned to live with Sidebottom didn't mean he liked him anymore than he did when he first appeared in his dreams. It was all Sidebottom's fault! The moment Boober himself started having a little fun, Sidebottom was able to shine through! Only an unruly fraggle like Sidebottom would have the audacity to not only hand Red Fraggle the scarf, but also allow her to stretch it out by using it as a rope swing!

Sighing, he accepted his scarf which was folded neatly already. “Thank you.” Boober turned and left, not meaning to be rude to Red. He also didn't want to leave the laundry he was folding unattended, but, his scarf had been exposed to water that any and all fraggles could have swam in at one time or another. The only choice was to go and disinfect the scarf.

And I can't stand you
Must everything you do make me wanna smile?
And then I like you for a while
No...

You're welcome!” Red called after him.

She had fun last night, hadn't he? Their date, if you could call it that, started out as a friendly foot race, that Boober was reluctantly a taking part in of course, and then as Boober walked slowly to the finish line Red had already crossed, she had remarked that Boober wouldn't know fun if it bit him in the beluvious. But, he had proved her wrong! He was a fraggle after all, no fraggle could go without having at least a little bit of fun.

Red tried to fight the smile that she felt coming on. Sure, maybe their date was fun, but, so what? Maybe he was a fraggle unable of having fun, maybe last night had just been a fluke. But, it couldn't be, especially is she, Red Fraggle, probably the most hyper fraggle to ever grace Fraggle Rock; still had butterflies from the night before.

But you won't let me
You upset me girl and then you kiss my lips
All of a sudden I forget that I was upset
Can't remember what you did
But I hate it

When Boober returned from disinfecting his scarf, Red was gone. He wished she was still there, that way maybe he could apologize for storming off the way he did. But in all honesty, he was a little agitated at Red. Rather, he was trying to pin this agitation on her. In all honesty he was mad at himself for embracing his Sidebottom, having a good time and...allowing himself to...to kiss Red Fraggle! Kissing just made it easier for germs to stick because it involves lips touching!

Letting out a sigh, Boober knew what had to be done. Though he was never one to rush through his folding of laundry, he needed to find Red!

You know exactly what to do so that I can't stay mad at you for too long
That's wrong but I hate it
You know exactly how to touch
So that I don't wanna fuss and fight no more
Said I despise that I adore you

His first instinct told him to stop by Red and Mokey's cave. He ran in, at full speed, well aware of the danger of running so quickly. He sighed, noting that the cave was empty.

She's not here.” Boober sighed in defeat.

Who's not here?” It was her, but Boober didn't know that yet.

Red.”

I'm right here!” Red walked around Boober and then lifted his head up so he would look at her.

Red? It really is you! I...I'm sorry about...”

She knew what he was going to say, but, before he could finish the thought, she had pulled him into a tight hug.

I forgive you Boober.”

And I hate how much I love you boy (yeah)
I can't stand how much I need you (I need you)
And I hate how much I love you boy (oh)
But I just can't let you go
And I hate that I love you so (ooh)

And you completely know the power that you have
The only one that makes me laugh

Boober just held Red tighter. He had never been opposed to a good time, safety just had to be a main component of any good time, and cleanliness as well. Yet, part of him, though that part was forty-percent Sidebottom, had let Red Fraggle take him swimming and he'd even laughed. Maybe ten times at the least, he'd deliberately opened his mouth to laugh, ignoring that millions and millions of germs. But right now he was angry, not at Red, but at himself. Why was it such a problem that he'd laugehd and had fun with Red?

They had been trapped in a cave together once, convinced that they would die together, almost hating each other the whole time until they'd swallowed their pride. Then since that day they had been friends, now maybe it was turning into something more.

Sad and it's not fair
How you take advantage of the fact that I...
Love you beyond a reason why (why)
And it just ain't right

Red closed her eyes, not even thinking about the fact she and Boober were holding each other tight. She wasn't sure if he knew, but, they were definitely more than friends now. Though, why did it have to be him? Red had always seen herself with an athletic fraggle, one that could keep up with her all the time maybe even Gobo. As much as she hated the feelings she felt towards Boober she couldn't ignore that they were real.

Boober didn't want to let go of Red, not now, not ever. Still, this was an accident, an accident far beyond repair. Is this what love really was? An utter shock, almost a sickening shock, yet it felt it right.

And I hate how much I love you girl
I can't stand how much I need you (yeah yeah)
And I hate that I love you so

One of these days maybe your magic won't affect me
And your kiss won't make me weak
But no one in this world
Knows me the way you know me
So you'll probably always have a spell on me...

If he really thought about it, last night wasn't the only time Red had been his reason to act a bit like a normal fraggle. When they had been stuck in that cave together on his birthday that one year, just having her there made dying seem less scary all because of her usual upbeat presence as well as the fact that she was too stubborn to give up, Boober had always liked that about her. He'd even kept his claustrophobia in check that day...

Red was the only fraggle who had the power to make him let go of the worry that something, anything at all, would go wrong. She was his release, the worst and best thing to ever happen to him. He wasn't loving these feelings towards her, but there was no way he was going to forget them, not now, not ever!

It's how much I love you
It's how much I need you
It's how much I love you (oh)
It's how much I need you
And I hate that I love you
So...

Boober?” Red asked, breaking the surprisingly comfortable silence between her and Boober.

Yes Red?”

She didn't answer with words per say, true to her personality, she did something of rash nature: she grabbed Boober and kissed him. He didn't fight her, not one bit.

As they pulled apart it was unspoken but understood between them that this relationship of theirs, love or not, would be their secret.

And I hate how much I love you boy
I can't stand how much I need you
And I hate that I love you so (so oh)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
(Here is that fan fic xD it doesn't have much of a title right now, but will once uploaded to fanfiction.net)

As I typed this I'm watched my Season 2 Fraggle Rock DVDs! Anyway, this is Red/Boober, I know its an odd pair, but I don't think its such a complete stretch, I see them having a love/hate thing going, and thus this song fic here was born! Enjoy! Fraggle Rock and the characters used belong to Jim Henson. The song used is 'Hate That I Love You' sung by Rihanna and Ne-Yo which is copyright to Def Jam Recordings. Please be nice (as this is my first Fraggle fic ever). Also, please don't leave a review telling me I'm completely and totally wrong about this pairing, that would be rather rude. Enjoy!

Yeah
Hey (hey)
That's how much I love you (yeah)
That's how much I need you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Boober was in the middle of folding his laundry when she ran into his cave...It was just like her to barge in like that.

Hello Red.” He didn't look away from his laundry.

You forgot this last night.” Red held Boober's scarf out to him.

Boober let out a small sigh, he'd thought his scarf had already been washed and folded, but then it hit him!

He had indeed left it with Red last night...Just because he'd learned to live with Sidebottom didn't mean he liked him anymore than he did when he first appeared in his dreams. It was all Sidebottom's fault! The moment Boober himself started having a little fun, Sidebottom was able to shine through! Only an unruly fraggle like Sidebottom would have the audacity to not only hand Red Fraggle the scarf, but also allow her to stretch it out by using it as a rope swing!

Sighing, he accepted his scarf which was folded neatly already. “Thank you.” Boober turned and left, not meaning to be rude to Red. He also didn't want to leave the laundry he was folding unattended, but, his scarf had been exposed to water that any and all fraggles could have swam in at one time or another. The only choice was to go and disinfect the scarf.

And I can't stand you
Must everything you do make me wanna smile?
And then I like you for a while
No...

You're welcome!” Red called after him.

She had fun last night, hadn't he? Their date, if you could call it that, started out as a friendly foot race, that Boober was reluctantly a taking part in of course, and then as Boober walked slowly to the finish line Red had already crossed, she had remarked that Boober wouldn't know fun if it bit him in the beluvious. But, he had proved her wrong! He was a fraggle after all, no fraggle could go without having at least a little bit of fun.

Red tried to fight the smile that she felt coming on. Sure, maybe their date was fun, but, so what? Maybe he was a fraggle unable of having fun, maybe last night had just been a fluke. But, it couldn't be, especially is she, Red Fraggle, probably the most hyper fraggle to ever grace Fraggle Rock; still had butterflies from the night before.

But you won't let me
You upset me girl and then you kiss my lips
All of a sudden I forget that I was upset
Can't remember what you did
But I hate it

When Boober returned from disinfecting his scarf, Red was gone. He wished she was still there, that way maybe he could apologize for storming off the way he did. But in all honesty, he was a little agitated at Red. Rather, he was trying to pin this agitation on her. In all honesty he was mad at himself for embracing his Sidebottom, having a good time and...allowing himself to...to kiss Red Fraggle! Kissing just made it easier for germs to stick because it involves lips touching!

Letting out a sigh, Boober knew what had to be done. Though he was never one to rush through his folding of laundry, he needed to find Red!

You know exactly what to do so that I can't stay mad at you for too long
That's wrong but I hate it
You know exactly how to touch
So that I don't wanna fuss and fight no more
Said I despise that I adore you

His first instinct told him to stop by Red and Mokey's cave. He ran in, at full speed, well aware of the danger of running so quickly. He sighed, noting that the cave was empty.

She's not here.” Boober sighed in defeat.

Who's not here?” It was her, but Boober didn't know that yet.

Red.”

I'm right here!” Red walked around Boober and then lifted his head up so he would look at her.

Red? It really is you! I...I'm sorry about...”

She knew what he was going to say, but, before he could finish the thought, she had pulled him into a tight hug.

I forgive you Boober.”

And I hate how much I love you boy (yeah)
I can't stand how much I need you (I need you)
And I hate how much I love you boy (oh)
And I hate that I love you so (ooh)

And you completely know the power that you have
The only one that makes me laugh

Boober just held Red tighter. He had never been opposed to a good time, safety just had to be a main component of any good time, and cleanliness as well. Yet, part of him, though that part was forty-percent Sidebottom, had let Red Fraggle take him swimming and he'd even laughed. Maybe ten times at the least, he'd deliberately opened his mouth to laugh, ignoring that millions and millions of germs. But right now he was angry, not at Red, but at himself. Why was it such a problem that he'd laugehd and had fun with Red?

They had been trapped in a cave together once, convinced that they would die together, almost hating each other the whole time until they'd swallowed their pride. Then since that day they had been friends, now maybe it was turning into something more.

Sad and it's not fair
How you take advantage of the fact that I...
Love you beyond a reason why (why)
And it just ain't right

Red closed her eyes, not even thinking about the fact she and Boober were holding each other tight. She wasn't sure if he knew, but, they were definitely more than friends now. Though, why did it have to be him? Red had always seen herself with an athletic fraggle, one that could keep up with her all the time maybe even Gobo. As much as she hated the feelings she felt towards Boober she couldn't ignore that they were real.

Boober didn't want to let go of Red, not now, not ever. Still, this was an accident, an accident far beyond repair. Is this what love really was? An utter shock, almost a sickening shock, yet it felt it right.

I can't stand how much I need you (yeah yeah)

One of these days maybe your magic won't affect me
And your kiss won't make me weak
But no one in this world
Knows me the way you know me
So you'll probably always have a spell on me...

If he really thought about it, last night wasn't the only time Red had been his reason to act a bit like a normal fraggle. When they had been stuck in that cave together on his birthday that one year, just having her there made dying seem less scary all because of her usual upbeat presence as well as the fact that she was too stubborn to give up, Boober had always liked that about her. He'd even kept his claustrophobia in check that day...

Red was the only fraggle who had the power to make him let go of the worry that something, anything at all, would go wrong. She was his release, the worst and best thing to ever happen to him. He wasn't loving these feelings towards her, but there was no way he was going to forget them, not now, not ever!

It's how much I love you
It's how much I need you
It's how much I love you (oh)
It's how much I need you
And I hate that I love you
So...

Boober?” Red asked, breaking the surprisingly comfortable silence between her and Boober.

Yes Red?”

She didn't answer with words per say, true to her personality, she did something of rash nature: she grabbed Boober and kissed him. He didn't fight her, not one bit.

As they pulled apart it was unspoken but understood between them that this relationship of theirs, love or not, would be their secret.

I can't stand how much I need you
And I hate that I love you so (so oh)
Wow! Red and Boober are an odd couple, but I am so glad I saw "Marooned", because that was my favorite episode of all time in the first season of Fraggle Rock. I feel so sorry for him! I understand why he started having some fun and it was from Sidebottom. I don't blame him much, but his negative attitude does have a big plus.