Fraggle Rock film in development

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Does anyone know at least some minor news that we haven't heard yet? By the way, a while back some one did a joke saying they were going to make an anime Fraggle Rock film. I wonder what the fraggles would have looked like...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
oojlchaun said:
Boo disney!!!!
I can't believe that disney is doing this. if they screw this up, we should start a petition to buy the muppets back!!! screwing up includes cheesy fraggle sex and dumb jokes.
I guess, too, you failed to notice that the Jim Henson Company is now doing a talk-show and more adult-themed puppet shows and improvs? Click on the articles or news section at the top of the forum to read more about their plans on the Muppet Central website.

RottenPuppets

Reaction score
i hope the movie is as amazing as the tv series was.. it's a tough cookie to try to make this stuff with Jim gone but hopefully enough of the old crew will be involved to make it rock.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm hearing mixed things. Is this movie happening or what? If this turns out to be another project they skimmed over, I'll be VERY annoyed.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Long story short, I'm asking the same thing myself.

Muppet Pro said:
I wonder if the characters will age in the film ? :smirk:
I heard from a source (don't have URL. Sorry! :embarrassed: ) that it's not going to be like a direct sequel from the series, so they might or might not age. I think they might make Outer Space more "2006"-ish, though.

- Morgan "Clueless" Goat

BEAR

Reaction score
Remember that this project is not scheduled to be released til 2007, so we may not be hearing anything about it for a while. I hope it does happen though. i really look forward to seeing them return. I would also like to see another Sesame Street movie released in theaters sometime soon. It's been a while since Elmo in Grouchland and I think they could really improve on another script.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I really hope there will be Doozers.

Lovingly yours,
MuppetMarc

KatieMokey

Reaction score
I must agree. Doozers are so awesome.

This is so exciting, and it's so great to see new stuff coming from Henson.

Now, I'm sure that this has been answered in previous posts, but who do you think will be cast as our Fraggle Friends? Or.. who would you LIKE to see cast as the Fraggles?