Fraggle Rock on DVD - Region 2

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too bad they don't have "Choose a Doc" on those things. The English tracks could come with Doc or Captain, the French track could come with the French Doc... etc.

doctort13

Reaction score
darn it

I want Fraggle Rock on region 1 (or better yet no region at all).

Hopefully some US company will wake up to the fact that there is LOTS of ca$h to be made in Muppet-land and give the North American market some cool DVDs really soon.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
I think this was mentioned a while ago, but Amazon has a page up for a Region 1 Fraggle DVD release. It's not a real product page, but rather it's used to gather e-mail addresses to see if there is any interest in such a product.

It's not much, but at least we can sorta show our support for such a release.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLJV

doctort13

Reaction score
Thanks for the Amazon link! I too cast my "vote". Let's hope that someone is listening...

dwmckim

Reaction score
Cory

In answer to your earlier question about JHC DVD's that are available in R2 that aren't yet available in R1, there's also the Farscape DVDs. Yes, i know we have Farscape DVDs here too, but the US releases are way behind the UK releases...the beginning on season two is out now here where the UK is midway theough season 3. So i definately consider it worthwhile to get the R2's. Plus it seems the R1's were formatted from the R2's which results in the R1 discs playing at a slightly slower speed than what they should. So unless there's a particular extra that's only available on the R1 releases (which would include the commentaries on episodes 1-6, the Chiana action figure easter egg in episode 15, and the commentaries and Rockne/Kemper profiles in episodes 21/22), i'd reccomend the R2 discs to any Scapers who have mltigion players.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...oh yeah, forgot, "Crackers Don't Matter" on the latest Farscape discs also has a commentary that previously wasn't available on the R2 release, but unless you're a completest or really into acting methods, it's not all that great as it's essentially director Rowan Woods asking Claudia Black all sorts of actor's craft questions - i think there's only one or two things that are ever mentioned that are relevant to the episode.

(Of course being an actor myself and totally in awe of Claudia's ability, i found it fascinating myself! BTW, i finally turned in my updated headshots/resumes/signed contracts to my agency today - would you believe it took AlphaGraphics about six or seven tries to get my resume right?!)

Luke

Reaction score
In addition HMV (HMV.com) in the UK also has a Summer sale on right now where the Farscape sets are at ridiculously low prices now - about £12.99 per set, when they used to be more than double that.