Fraggle Rock: Season 1 DVD Coming Fall 2005

sheesh

Reaction score
phoning HIT

Silly question i'm sure but is there a different number if phoning from the uk?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
We'll at the rate they are going -- 3-episodes per release and a release every 3 months (WIAB-July, WIAB:SE-October, DYCA-January, LBTROTR-April) -- it would take 32 releases and 8-years (until July 2012) to relelase all the episodes of the show. Being HIT only has the rights until April 2009, all the episodes won't get out the way they are doing it. At their rate about 58% of the episodes (under 60) will get out (that is if they keep continuing the DVD patterns as it is now without slowing down, or stoping it) by the time the contract runs out. Not to mention the cost --(if all episodes were released this way) it would cost around $480

Even with Season box sets, if they don't make up their minds to decide to make them soon they won't have enough time to make all 5 season box sets (a set of that size usally take 4-6 months to produce). If by late 2006 they haven't started work on season box sets they probally won't be able to do it sucessfully (unless they renew/extend the contract with Henson). As of now, HIT has no plans for season sets, and unless we convince them otherwise, they will never get made and we'll be suck with a large portion of the show unreleased. The cost for 5 season box sets would usally run you around $180 (that $300 less than the whole show on single-disks)
We've been made to wait this long, we can take it. Besides, it's still better than the luck of us Peanuts fans who have 50 years of strips being released in 2 books per year, and it's going to take 12 years to collect the entire series of books!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
sheesh said:
Silly question i'm sure but is there a different number if phoning from the uk?
The UK Officies do have a phone number - it is not customer service, but will get you to people at HIT! in the UK. The number is +44 (0)20 7554 2500

Fozzie Bear said:
We've been made to wait this long, we can take it.
It's not just the wait, I'm affraid about-- it is the fact that all the epsiodes may not get released and there will be a large amount (over 40%) of them still unavalible to the public; only to be found on on old VHS tape for trades, and home made DVDs on Ebay.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is where it got tricky! All the rumors seemed to contridict each other. There are NO plans, then? Well... the good spot in this whole thing is, that they are possible.... not probable. My hypothisis- uhsisisis... is that the sinlge release DVD's are testing the waters, and they seem to be moving well.

So, I guess I'll take Warrick's advice and e-mail the company or something.

But then again, 3 episodes on a DVD are more than we had a year ago.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I got the same response everyone else has gotten, but it's good that they're listening to our voices!

Wembley Fraggle

Reaction score
Unbelievable

I am so happy its unbelievable. Im too young to have seen it originally on tv but my aunt taped some of the shows and i got to watch (in a way) as i grew up. but you know young children and how they are reliable to break things, well i was one of those reliable children and broke my only fraggle video when i was younger by letting it rewind too far. so i am very very ecstatic about this :excited: ! it is going to finally come on dvd... i only have to wait 7 more months at the most (i hope).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I asked HIT! when they say they will pass our interest along to their brand team what they mean by that. What information does the brand team get to represent our interest. Here is what HIT had to say:
We keep records of requests and they are shared monthly. Names and emails are not kept, just the count of how many people email requests for season/box sets.
So send an e-mail to consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com (it only needs to be one or two sentences long) asking for HIT to produce Season Box sets of Fraggle Rock. The more e-mails they get the higher the count will be, and the more likly sets will be produced. Send one today (and another tommorrow, and another, and another). Keep sending your imput to HIT though letters, phone calls, and e-mails. They will listen, we just need to make our voice loud enough and not stop!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just sent an e-mail! I encourage all who haven't to do the same.

Rememer, Fraggle Rock singluar DVD's weren't possible this time last year. So a lot can change in a year!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I encourage all who haven't to do the same.
I encourage everyone to do it too. It's not that hard folks. Just send an e-mail to consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com saying something like:

--

To: consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com
Subject: Fraggle Rock Season Box Sets on DVD

Dear HIT Entertainment,
I am writing to express my interest in complete Season Box Sets of Fraggle Rock on DVD. Please pass my interest in seeing such a product on to your brand team for consideration. Thank you.

--

Heck you can even copy and paste what I just wrote! But the more e-mails (and letters, and phone calls) they get with interest in season sets the more likely they will do something in responce. It takes 2 seconds and can make all the differance. Together we can get their count of the number of requests to be extremly higher than the last time they sat down with the brand team to share the information. That will get their attention if it doubles or triples. So send an e-mail, make a call, write a letter. Let's get their attention and get the fraggles on dvd the proper way - in season sets.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by GelflingWaldo
So send an e-mail, make a call, write a letter. Let's get their attention and get the fraggles on dvd the proper way - in season sets.
I'll second that - Let's do it folks!!!