Fraggle Rock... THANK YOU

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
This probably wont be one of the most popular threads on MC. However, I wanted to share my thoughts and express my sincere gratitude for those who made this show possible.

I started watching Fraggle Rock at a very difficult time in my life. I was around 9, and didn't live in the greatest home environment. My parents were preoccupied with other more habit forming aspects in their lives, and often power, water, or sometimes even food wasn't available at our home. Forget cable.

On many occasions some other responsible adult would take me into their home on a temporary basis. It was one of these times that I had my first experience with Fraggle Rock. I don't remember the name of the show, but to this day I will never forget how I could relate so well. I was always made fun of at school for my lack of nice clothes or shoes. In a world where it was popular to dress and be like everyone else, I never felt like I fit in and I didn't have many friends. In this episode of Fraggle Rock, Red wanted so badly to be like someone else (I can't remember who).

Fraggle Rock had such a monumental influence on my life at a time when I just didn't want to be who I was. I thought that things would never get better and I didn't know how I was going to get from one day to the next or where I would end up. In following episodes I learned that challenge makes us who we are, that it was okay to be different, and that I had control to make the choices that would improve my life.

So, THANK YOU to Jim Henson, Fraggle Characters, Puppet Builders, Set Designers, Writers, and everyone who participated in the magic of Fraggle Rock. You've made a difference and helped to mold the characters of so many children, including myself.

My love and appreciation goes out to you and your families,
-Michele

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's so great that Fraggle Rock eventually had the positive effect on you that Jim wanted. I've always been appreciative of those good folks who worked on Fraggle Rock, and even moreso when I hear those kind of stories!

FOZ

spazyk

Reaction score
I to have not had the best past, But Fraggle Rock always turned my bad day better!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Ah, yes, I remember the episode you're talking a/b, PuppetPlanet.....Red wanted to be just like Mokey....That had a big effect on me, too......I used to want to be JUST LIKE my older sister when I was younger. Now, my sister's an incredible person, don't get me wrong, but I had to learn to find my OWN strengths, and not just be a "Little Christina." I was REALLY having a hard time w/that around the time FR started re-airing on Odyssey. I saw that episode one day, (actually right after a fight I'd had w/my big sis, cuz I was stealing her stuff), and it didn't exactly change me oveernight, but it certainly did help me alot. I now know ALOT better who I am, and my sister and I have become great friends, instead of the way we used to fight all the time. So, like Michelle, I say, THANK YOU, Fraggle Rock!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock helped me out too... as a kid i had such a HUGE imagination and i really believe i lived in fraggle rock... and on sesame street.. that i wouldn't listen to any one, unless thay called me by who i was that day. in order for me to believe i was really in fraggle rock, i had to make everyone know that i was Gobo... lol... crazy as it may be, but my childhood imagination helped me alot with my present day Acting. i don't think i'd be acting, or getting my roles... if it hadn't been for Jim Henson's shows. :smile:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
It's always so cool to hear the positive affect Fraggle Rock has had on people to this day. What other show has helped so many people. I know I still find it a very relatable show. The episode where Red wants to be Mokey I still can relate to. I've never been 100% happy with who I am and still love that song that Red sings Dreaming of Someone. The end of that episode always gives me hope too and makes me feel special and like I do have good qualities. I also thank Fraggle Rock for helping form my opinions on living life in peace. I still dream of a day when everybody realizes how we're all connected in some way and there is world peace just like in the final episode of Fraggle Rock. :flirt:

ButchCat

Reaction score
Wow!

It’s really, really great to be reminded of how important and how Fraggle Rock helped a lot of people. It makes me truly glad and proud to have been a part of Fraggle Rock and I wish that today’s kids can see it and learn how people should truly be to each other.

Take care all

Terry Angus

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock did the same for me. It always brightened my day. Even in the gloomiest. Your story was one worth telling it is great that something as simple as fraggle rock could cheer you up. God bless.