Fraggles as Gargoyles

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Turning favorite characters into Gargoyles. Super dorky, I know. I'm a total dork for doing this on a regular basis. But I'm bored, so I'm posting it here. :stick_out_tongue:

This first one is a Gargoylified version of a scene in the Fraggle Rock episode "Marooned".
Now that I look at it, the expression on Boober's face didn't come out quite right. But this was done over a year ago, so I dunno.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e267/GoldDemona/Art/Marooned.jpg?t=1208240348

And this one is my Gargoyle version of Cantus, complete with lyrics from "Let Me Be Your Song".
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e267/GoldDemona/Art/Fraggle_Cantus.jpg?t=1208240404

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... If I could see these I'd rave properly. So glad you decided to show us here some of your gargoyle versions of the Fraggles. Heck, in my mind's eye, and through my Counting Characters thread I'm turning some (okay, an ample selection) of the Muppet characters into classic monsters and mythic creatures. The only ones up so far in that category are Sprocket as the Hound of the Baskervilles and Beaker as the Invisible Man. You could count a somewhat humanized version of Gaffer in that camp too, but I digress. If you want, we can compare notes and maybe help each other out on future projects. If not, that's perfectly okay as well. Again, thanks for sharing.

*Hugs Demona and leaves a muffin for her.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
They're really cool. How do you make them? My fav is Marooned, though it's just because I really like that ep.

Boppity

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, those are so amazing! I've never really been into Gargoyles, but these are so! wow! Did you do them on photoshop? The coloring just looks so smooth and-! Haha, I'm repeating myself now, but you get the point. :smile:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, those are so amazing! I've never really been into Gargoyles, but these are so! wow! Did you do them on photoshop? The coloring just looks so smooth and-! Haha, I'm repeating myself now, but you get the point. :smile:
Hee hee hee! Thank you very much. :smile:
Some of it was in Photoshop. The backgrounds and the shading were anyway.
The basic coloring of the characters was done in Illustrator. =)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... To answer your question Demona... If you check my profile info, it says I'm "blind as a batty bat". Well, that's true, as I happen to be visually challenged. Though I still retain a certain degree of visibility, it's not enough to allow me to see photos on a TV screen or computer images. Hope that helps explain a bit better. And if you wonder how I'm able to read and reply here, it's thanks to my trusted JAWS for Windows screenreader program.

Take care and keep posting your wonderful stuff here.
:scary:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, these are really hardcore. Seriously. You have great lines and poses in the characters, and the way you coloured them totally brings them to life! So impressed. Do you have a career in design? ('cause you should!)