Franchises you'd like to see the Creature Shop tackle?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've got one - "Bone".

"Bone" is an independent comic written and drawn by Jeff Smith. I've been a fan since I read it in "Disney Adventures" (R.I.P.) when I was like six or something. They stopped running it, and I started actually buying the books. It's a wonderful series, full of comedy and fantasy. I won't bother explaining it 'cause there's so much there. Here's the Wikipedia article.

It was once to be an animated feature film but that didn't work out. While I still think that would be great, how amazing would it to see these creatures brought to life by the magic of puppetry? You've got three very different Bones, a dragon, tons of rat creatures (including two that are my very favorite characters in the series), cute little possums, a giant mountain lion, some weird hooded fellas, and a bug. I think it could work incredibly well.

Any ideas?

JMPrater

Reaction score
It would be quite interesting if the creature shop tackled a film that involved mostly humans, and yet, these humans are made out of puppets. We're in an age where everything is being explored through the computer, but a feature film that involved life-like human puppets would be quite amazing.

Monsoon

Reaction score
Either "The Last Unicorn", "Rose Daughter" or "Beauty" By Robin McKinley. Also the "Elemental Masters" series or "The Black Swan" by Mercedes Lackey.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Winnie the Pooh - a classic storybook-look using actual puppetry mixed with the slightest bit of CG. (This would not look like the World of Pooh doll-like show on the Disney Channel)

The Real Wizard of Oz series based on the books. Maybe a cable mini series.

A biographic motion picture on the life of Jim Henson!