Frank Fraggle?

BEAR

Reaction score
Did Frank Oz ever do anything on the show? I don't remember seeing him perform any characters but did he ever write or direct any episodes?

Xela

Reaction score
No...he never worked on it in any way.

BEAR

Reaction score
Xela said:
No...he never worked on it in any way.

I wonder why? Not even as a supervisor when Jim was out or anything, because I would think Frank was kind of the next in command.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always wondered that too. I know he was starting to "break away" from the Muppets in the sense he wanted more directoral work at this time, but I think it woulda' been cool if Frank made at least one guest appearance. :cry:

Xela

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I wonder why? Not even as a supervisor when Jim was out or anything, because I would think Frank was kind of the next in command.
Yeah, I thought that too.

I read somewhere that he would visit the set sometimes, I guess to say hi to everyone, but he made it a point never to get involved in it.

DerekJ

Reaction score
Xela said:
Yeah, I thought that too.

I read somewhere that he would visit the set sometimes, I guess to say hi to everyone, but he made it a point never to get involved in it.
Even though World's Oldest looks like a character who was clearly written/envisioned with hopes of occasional ad-lib-ready Oz guest-shots in mind...

And had to settle for starting Dave Goelz on his future career of over-the-top faux-Oz replacement.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
Even though World's Oldest looks like a character who was clearly written/envisioned with hopes of occasional ad-lib-ready Oz guest-shots in mind...

And had to settle for starting Dave Goelz on his future career of over-the-top faux-Oz replacement.
What?! That's crazy talk. IMO Dave Goelz's World's Oldest Fraggle was brilliant, as were Boober and Traveling Matt. Muppety greatness from a creative standpoint, and Muppety brilliance from an acting standpoint. Boober's vocabulary, TM's ego, WOF's abusiveness & condescension- great stuff that Dave was great doing.

But back to the original subject of the thread, I would assume that Frank had visited the set but it is kinda disappointing that he never created any characters on it.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BEAR

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
What?! That's crazy talk. IMO Dave Goelz's World's Oldest Fraggle was brilliant, as were Boober and Traveling Matt. Muppety greatness from a creative standpoint, and Muppety brilliance from an acting standpoint. Boober's vocabulary, TM's ego, WOF's abusiveness & condescension- great stuff that Dave was great doing.

But back to the original subject of the thread, I would assume that Frank had visited the set but it is kinda disappointing that he never created any characters on it.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
I wouldn't care too much if he didn't do any characters. I mean, if he were to, cool! I just think he could have atleast directed an episode every now and then since he is so into that.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I often always wondered what a Frank Oz voiced Fraggle would sound like, or what kind of personality they would have. I also wondered what a Frank Voiced Doozer would sound like too.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I often always wondered what a Frank Oz voiced Fraggle would sound like, or what kind of personality they would have. I also wondered what a Frank Voiced Doozer would sound like too.

Frank would have been an interesting choice for Boober. Of course, it is definitely Dave's character and you can't replace his performance, but he sounds a lot like Frank Oz's characters.