Frank Oz interview

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Yes that's old news :wink:

There's also one with Jerry and Brian on there. Just do a search and you'll find it.

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
I just read the interview with Frank Oz, very interesting. I am not very good at "searches'. What is the best way for me to access the interviews with Brian and Jerry ? Also, does anyone know if Frank has given any interviews since the Disney takeover?

BWSmith

Reaction score
Goodness. Fozzie has a foul mouth... ;-)

I'm a little struck by several comments:

a) "It was a lot of work"
b) "I never wanted to be pigeonholed"

It's very strange to hear gigs at Sesame Street, the Muppet Show, and Star Wars referred to as a "daily grind", as if he's a coal miner or a cotton picker. To 100 million people who grew up watching Oz's work, he made it look effortless and fun. Whether Oz wants to admit it or not, he was a creative genius in those days, and his work does not in any way resemble the product of man burdened by his occupation.

I would be interested in comparing the tone of this interview with something done in the mid-to-late 80's. You know, before Jim died, back when all those memories weren't so painful.

Oz's tone toward his past Muppet work, and his constant focus on his post-Muppet directing career suggests to me the mentality of a 60-year-old muppeteer who is projecting the physical pain of today's muppeteering and the emotional pain of Jim's death back onto his younger days.

Just my 2 cents...

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Dear Whatever, Thanks for the interview info. I just got around to reading these two. The interview with Brian was intresting but too short. Do you know if Brian has done any interviews anywhere since the Disney deal ?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
He looked like he was having fun

If you watch the sreen test on the Muppet movie DVD Frank dint look like he was working when he was doing fozzie and you could almost see him in the car part where jim was in the back and frank was in the front the two of them where just ad lipping and having a ball.