Frank Oz News at The Digital Bits

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Frank Oz made an appearance at the press event for the release of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"

This what TheDigitalBits.com had to say about Mr. Oz...

"Then Rob Coleman and Frank Oz were introduced to talk about the effort to bring Yoda to life as a fully-CG animated character rather than with traditional animation. Oz was very gracious, talking about how impressed he was that the character had been "freed up" and could now fully interact with the other actors." Coleman spoke about how nervous he was when confronted with the task. "I was there for all the fan reaction to Jar Jar, so with Yoda, I was afraid I was never going to work again. But George believed in us." I asked him if there was a moment during the production when, finally, he knew the CG Yoda was going to work. "It was when I finally saw the shot where Yoda pushes the Force lightning back at Dooku, and you can see the emotion on his face - the "wizard" battle. Yoda was actually acting. Seeing that, followed by the "gunslinger" shot [where Yoda brandishes his saber] - that was when the butterflies finally went away and I knew we could do it. But I was still a little nervous until I finally saw the film with an audience for the first time and heard them cheering."

Once the Q&A period was over, lunch was served and the gathering was treated to a special preview showing of the stage play Star Wars Trilogy in 30 Minutes. It's absolutely hilarious and had the crowd rolling. It's definitely worth seeing when its official run begins at the Coronet Theater in West Hollywood on 10/25 (visit the official site for more). Frank Oz actually went backstage to congratulate the actors after the production. It makes you wonder if they'll eventually do the complete Star Wars Saga in 1 Hour"

It reminds me a little bit of Frank's interaction with Travis from Palisades...he appears to be very gracious and personable with people that a lot of celebrities wouldn't even consider.