1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Frank Oz on Reddit AMA 1/4/2018

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by minor muppetz, Dec 29, 2017.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

gavry3 likes this.
  2. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Well-Known Member

I can't wait for it. I hope he answers my questions like if he will come back to Sesame Street and do a Bert or Cookie Monster sketch since he hasn't done one of those in years.

3. minor muppetz

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I was somewhat surprised that he spoke on the Steve Whitmire issue, but I guess it makes sense considering he doesn't work for Disney. Anyway, this is what he had to say:

"I'm just very sad about what happened with Steve. I'm not privy to the reasons. I'm not part of Disney. As I understand it, the reasons had nothing to do with performing. When Steve was on the set he was always a joy to work with. So it saddens me that something outside of performing caused this to happen. It just saddens me, that's all."

5. minor muppetz

It is a shame he didn't answer somebody else's question on why Steve Whitmire wasn't in Muppet Guys Talking (though I think he did respond to a different question concerning performers who were left out).

I wasn't surprised to see him say that he can't respond to the question about Jim Henson's memorial service (though he could have avoided answering that one at all), I was recently watching I Am Big Bird and when they talk about that service Frank said that he couldn't bring himself to reminisce about it (though I feel I have seen him talk about it before).