Frank Oz to direct "The Stepford Wives" Remake

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Guys-

Frank Oz will direct this remake starring Nicole Kidman. Read about it here.

- Billy :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great news on the Frank Oz front. But most people hate these kinds of remakes. Perhaps if the film is not so good, he'll return to Muppetry!

Now if Frank Oz were to direct the Mini-Gobo movie......

GWGumby

Reaction score
It's not like it was that great of a movie to begin with. I think people get upset when people mess with the classics. Like this "Truth About Charlie"/"Charade" remake. What's up with that? Mark E Mark taking on Cary Grant? That's got to be a joke!

Anyway, the original film is somewhat obscure these days, and I think the story could easily be modernized to today. I mean, the opening episode of the new Twighlight Zone series did just that, though it played more like a drama you'd see on Nickelodeon.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Read about it here.
There's a longer article from E! Online that I posted at the TP board if anyone's interested. Yahoo's got it archived.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Casting killed the original movie. The whole point was the Stepford wives seemed to be exactly like all American housewives in suburbia, so having a British actress play one of the key roles just killed the set up (but she was married to the producer or director or some such). I hope they fix that with this version-- Kidman can do an American accent. Anyway, I think the movie could work today. Anyone know who is writing the screenplay?